Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Moonlight Mando, Just as you thought it was safe...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Uwman
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 07 2002, 15:20

Has still somebody the song "Moonlight Mando" !? I can't download it anymore !! :/
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 09 2002, 20:12

I think I know why...it's sorted now - try this (I've edited the URL in my first post in this thread as well, in case anyone's wondering...). Enjoy!
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 10 2002, 16:37

Finally I got it. Great job Korgscrew!
I'm listening over and over (with a grin) which gave me the following idea:
Why not watch the MS video (with castle fireplace, horse-and-carriage, duel, crystal ball etc...), mute the sound and turn on Moonlight Mando instead! Quite a medieval feeling, eh?  :D

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 13 2002, 17:00

smart fingers... korgscrew

:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Lurk Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2002, 05:34

:D

Fantastic.... absolutely loved it!!  Would you be prepared to email me the tabs or the music sheets?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2002, 21:58

Well, nice that people are still enjoying the track...

I suspect that tabbing out the whole thing might take more time than I have at the moment. I'm not sure I'd recommend following my fingering for the solo either, as I didn't pick the easiest way of doing that (it goes all the way up the neck then back down again - it would be simpler to play it all up at the top end, though it wouldn't sound the same...or it could be played on a mandolin instead, of course). If you happen to have an octave mando handy though, here's the intro...

E|---0-2-4-2-0------------------0-0----------0-2-------
A|-2------------4-2-4-6---2-4-6-----6-6-4-6------2-----
D|-----------------------4-----------------------------
G|-----------------------------------------------------
Profile PM 
Da Big Dude
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 21 2002, 09:17

You ask if it could be on an album. Sure it would. Could be on " Elevator's Greatest"
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2002, 17:55

It would be quite amusing to have it on loop in one of those 'superloo' public toilets that sometimes have music playing inside...that would soon make sure that people got out before the automatic cleaning begins (as if that wasn't enough on its own...)

Not sure about elevators though - I thought it was a requirement for the music to have either strings or pan pipes...or was that supermarkets? ;)
Profile PM 
Ecco Offline

Posted: Dec. 22 2002, 17:24

Well done, Korgscrew! Very engaging and masterfully played! It put a smile on one's face, keep it up  :)

--------------
http://www.myspace.com/twilighttide
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2003, 09:51

This is the first track which I've listened to twice! That mandolin-thing rocks!  :cool:

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
Remixer
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 09 2003, 20:41

O.k..... FLAWLESS Performance i just Love this it really put a smile on my face (i ain't kiddin i'm grinning like a cheshire cat) o.k. my smiley rating out of 5 is  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  second best only to the flying bell
Remixer
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 09 2003, 20:43

Mind if i put this on CD and play it in my car on the way to work.... great way to start a day !
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Jan. 19 2003, 12:19

I don't have any problem with that (as long as you're not going to sell it afterwards - that's the point where we'd hit problems ;) )...thanks for asking.

Glad you're finding it as fun as I did...and yes, the octave mando rocks big time ;)
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2003, 17:36

I've played it for some of my friends, and their reactions were great! They all laughed at the little tremelo part (they aren't Oldfield fans, in contrary, so the reaction is due to your magnificent performance! ). And another friend of mine said, right at the first second: "How happy!" and he kept smiling during the whole song!

I thought you'd like to know. ;)

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2003, 10:59

Happy? Ha-aa-aaa

Something about that little tremolo bit does seem to always raise a laugh.

Sometimes it seems the world needs more happy tunes...
Profile PM 
Ecco Offline

Posted: April 02 2005, 05:44

Hope you don't mind, Korg', we just felt this lil ditty was in need of a well-deserved bump to the front for new-comers. Sometimes people don't know or have time to rummage through 6 pages of downloads! :D

Julie and Tony.

--------------
http://www.myspace.com/twilighttide
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: April 02 2005, 14:10

Ah yes, Moonlight Mando. Wonderful cover, Richard. Anyone who hasn't heard this yet must!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
terry2 Offline

Posted: April 06 2005, 15:03

I must have missed this one. I really enjoyed this. Please do more covers with that great sounding instrument if you find the time. I love live playing and acoustic stuff it really dose it for me. Thanks korgscrew  I’ll look out for more .
My best
Terry
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: June 08 2005, 05:30

WOW, could I have your permisson to play that at my funeral? (not that this is going to happen anytime soon) It would be so perfect when they carry the coffin out! I mean it, this is one fun track. People often overlook the humour that Mike puts in his recordings, this is right up there with all his little "jokes". Well done and thanks.

--------------
How can they NOT like my music!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: June 25 2005, 05:38

I just cannot stop listening to Moonlight Mando.The Octave Mandola has a really good sound .I'd love to hear it with african drum beat added - just out of interest.Korgscrew, after reading your initial post & introductory comments on the peice I'd really be interested in hearing some of your other material  :)
Profile PM 
43 replies since July 14 2002, 11:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net