Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MO Tattoo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ThisName Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2006, 07:16

Hi all, I am after another tattoo and wanted to have something Oldfield related (Am I sad to do that?)

Any ideas for things I could have and where to have it?

I don't really want the tubular bells logo as i think its too obvious. One thing I'm quite keen on at the moment is to have Amarok put on my body, as it is on the album cover. I think its nice because the word does not have a literal meaning and its really quite ornate. Not sure where I would have it though, possibly my arm or forearm. Amarok is my fave MO album too so I'm thinking that would be the ideal choice but would be happy to hear some other suggestions!

Cheers!

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: June 09 2006, 15:25

I think the Egg and Doves from Heaven's Open would make an interesting image for a tattoo...

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: June 09 2006, 15:45

the Airborn logo!
here's the picture

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 

Posted: June 09 2006, 16:03

I never liked the Airborn logo much - it always seemed too much to me like someone messing around with the "Bell". In fact the whole cover feels like it was a bit of a rush job...:(

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: June 09 2006, 16:11

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ June 09 2006, 22:03)
I never liked the Airborn logo much - it always seemed too much to me like someone messing around with the "Bell". In fact the whole cover feels like it was a bit of a rush job...:(

that's fun, that's what I love in it!

and what's wrong with rush? :laugh:

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 09 2006, 19:06

Quote (ThisName @ June 09 2006, 12:16)
Hi all, I am after another tattoo and wanted to have something Oldfield related (Am I sad to do that?)

Any ideas for things I could have and where to have it?

I don't really want the tubular bells logo as i think its too obvious.

No I don't think your'e sad.  How about the "fish eye" view of Hergest Ridge :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: June 10 2006, 06:24

I'd say the crossed guitars of the Elements cover. That would look awesome. I'd take a picture of you if i'd met you in the streets!!  :laugh:  :cool:  :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: June 10 2006, 14:14

I'd go for the pink Fender, infact I think I might.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 10 2006, 14:22

Quote (Piltdownboy on horseback 22 @ June 10 2006, 08:24)
I'd say the crossed guitars of the Elements cover. That would look awesome. I'd take a picture of you if i'd met you in the streets!!  :laugh:  :cool:  :)

+1 vote for that :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
bonkers Offline

Posted: June 12 2006, 04:36

why not just get one of each? lol
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: June 12 2006, 15:55

Tatoo.....well it has to be a picture of the scots dragoon guards playing tattoo at edinburgh castle - but I think there would not be much of you left to see.

:D   :D

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 

Posted: June 12 2006, 16:02

Hahahha... got me laughing out loud here...  :laugh:  :laugh:

My next thought was 'hahaha then he might as well tattoo the whole exposed choir on his body'  :p
don't think his mum will be too happy ;)  :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: June 13 2006, 20:45

get "Ryan The Lion"

i know thats not MO related i just thought it would be cool :D

Im all for Amarok or the elemenst cover!

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: June 14 2006, 07:53

There are some fabulous designs in the Gallery that could inspire you. If it was me I'd have to go for the TB logo but the Gaelic looking word Amarok as it appears on the album cover is very ornate, or you could have it around your arm like an arm band. Maybe Amarok and Ommadawn linked together somehow.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
glasgow_tubular Offline

Posted: July 13 2006, 11:58

hi ive got 3 tattoos already and have been wanting a tubular bell for ages. i was going to get the bell in front of a scotland flag on my ankle. need to draw it properly tho. good luck.

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 18 2006, 06:58

I don't think you are sad at all because I had the Tubular Bells tattooed on my upper left leg yesterday. The Tattoo artist said it had to be quite large to get all the shading done properly, but he was so pleased with the outcome he wanted to take a picture of it.

And I am really pleased with it too! It is still healing at the moment but I think it is very cool.
Profile PM 

Posted: July 18 2006, 10:36

The Tattoo artist said it had to be quite large

Did he charge you extra?

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: July 18 2006, 10:53

Quote (MrKeith @ July 18 2006, 06:58)
And I am really pleased with it too! It is still healing at the moment but I think it is very cool.

Can we see a picture if all the paint has dried etc. ???  :p
I think it's awesome... Maybe I'll get me one day too... I kept thinking about it for a while now...
But I'm quite thin, so my upper arm would make room for a lousy little bell  :/  
I'll have to grow a bit
*runs downstairs to get 4 hamburgers*

:laugh:  :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 18 2006, 12:45

Hi Guys,

ImAFoolAndImLaughing: well, did he charge me extra? Not sure to be honest but it wasn't cheap. He was very helpful. Although I gave him a picture, he found a better copy on the internet and scaled it up. Whole thing is about 12cm square.

Piltdownboy on horseback 22: Happy to show you a picture. Not sure how to post a pic, but I can always e-mail it. Let me know if you are interested.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 18 2006, 20:44

Quote (MrKeith @ July 18 2006, 17:45)
Piltdownboy on horseback 22: Happy to show you a picture. Not sure how to post a pic, but I can always e-mail it. Let me know if you are interested.

May I have a picture too please :) .

I think to post a pic, you'll need to  register an account with ImageShack or  Photobucket or another picturehosting service,  they should offer free accounts, or premium ones that you'll need to pay for .  I've just posted some pics  using ImageShack, it's really a bit trial and error at first.

It's a matter of browsing your pictures from your PC, pressing the "Upload it" key, the next page should contain a series of links, it's the direct link at the bottom of the page you'll need ,write this address down  and type this into your post using the http:// key.

Here's one I posted earlier

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7281/mikeommadawn4as6.jpg
To do this I  hit the"http://" key when making a post ,  typed the complete URL, "http:// (enter page here) "and repeated it, starting  "http://when  asked  for "my webpage".  Hope this helps.

.... but the Gaelic looking word Amarok as it appears on the album cover is very ornate, or you could have it around your arm like an arm band. Maybe Amarok and Ommadawn linked together somehow.

I'm thinking about a Tubular tattoo myself, quite possibly the cover artwork for Tubular Bells.  I can't draw my own Mike themed one as my drawings look more like a 5 year old's than  someone of 35  :O . A design that includes the word Ommadawn would be a great choice if I could draw, as  Ommadawn  is my favourite album    :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
43 replies since June 09 2006, 07:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net