[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MO Tattoo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 18 2006, 21:31

G'day MrKeith,

It is quite simple to upload a photo in the Members Photographs thread in Miscellaneous, why don't you post it there? Would love to see it myself.

My sister has a TB tattoo on her shoulder blade, but she doesn't reveal it anymore and I only had one photo which I sent to someone and it never got returned to me. Will try and get another one somehow, it's a great tattoo and I would get one myself if I had the balls. We should start a (photo) thread just for tattoos, think I might do that, he he.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 19 2006, 04:13

moonchildhippy and TubularBelle,

Happy to supply a picture. Will try and post it tonight or maybe tomorrow. If that fails, then I will e-mail a picture to you, if that is ok.

TubularBelle: I never thought I would have the balls to get a tattoo but I have had five done now, so I guess you can say I have become an addict!!!! I quite like the mild pain of the needle, but larger tattoos, like my Bells, take about an hour so you have to be prepared for some discomfort.

I am not into "visible" tatoos, they are all covered by clothing, although the new one on my shoulder means I might have to get some darker and thicker shirts to hide it! I have had them done for me, a deeply personal thing, and I don't need other people to see them.

I now have one on my left shoulder, two on my left hip/thigh and two on the right. If my partner is happy with it, I plan to get one on my right shoulder and then work up either side of my torso, maybe two on each side.

I am into logos and badges, so Superman might be my next one.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 19 2006, 07:42

Quote (MrKeith @ July 19 2006, 09:13)
TubularBelle: I never thought I would have the balls to get a tattoo but I have had five done now, so I guess you can say I have become an addict!!!! I quite like the mild pain of the needle, but larger tattoos, like my Bells, take about an hour so you have to be prepared for some discomfort.

I am not into "visible" tatoos, they are all covered by clothing, although the new one on my shoulder means I might have to get some darker and thicker shirts to hide it! I have had them done for me, a deeply personal thing, and I don't need other people to see them.

I wouldn't say that getting a tattoo is any more painful than getting your legs waxed at a beauty salon.

I've a small tattoo about 1 1/4in x1 1/4in (3cmx3cm) I had done in my younger days, of a little devil smoking (a joint)??? I seem to remember copious amounts of cider were involved.  It didn't hurt as much as I expected it to, it was quite bearable :) .

As regards displaying tattoos, I'd prefer to have tattoos in places I can choose to either keep them covered  or wear clothes that show them  as I so wish  :cool:.

Speaking of tattoos, and did think of maybe a Tubular/Ommadawn  design ,  having the lyrics
"Ab ywl ann I dyad awt
en yab na log toc na awt
taw may on ommadawn egg kyowl
Ommadawn egg kyowl"
from  Ommadawn incorporated into it  :cool: .  Whilst the TB cover artwork is cool , I'd like to come up with something of my own, if only I could draw.  With drawing I get an image in my head as to what I'd like the finished piece to look like, but putting my ideas onto paper,it looks more like a 5 year olds work    :O .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 19 2006, 08:41

I wouldn't say that getting a tattoo is any more painful than getting your legs waxed at a beauty salon.

I don't think there are many beauty salons that would want to wax my legs! I am a rather hairy guy!!

It didn't hurt as much as I expected it to, it was quite bearable

I agree the tattooing experience isn't particularly painful, certainly nowhere near as bad as I imagined. It was just that two that I have had done have taken over an hour to do. Not painful enough to stop me wanting more, I hasten to add!

I was trying to be desperately original with my tattoos but in the end inspiration was denied.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: July 19 2006, 13:32

Quote (moonchildhippy @ July 19 2006, 07:42)
I seem to remember copious amounts of cider were involved.  It didn't hurt as much as I expected it to, it was quite bearable :)

You don't think that perhaps the reason it didn't hurt as much as you expected was BECAUSE of the copious amounts of alcohol that were involved? :D

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 19 2006, 17:09

Quote (MrKeith @ July 19 2006, 13:41)

I don't think there are many beauty salons that would want to wax my legs! I am a rather hairy guy!!

:laugh:   ROTFL,would fill page with laughing smilies.

ImAFoolAndImLaughing   Posted on July 19 2006, 18:32
Quote (moonchildhippy @ July 19 2006, 07:42)
I seem to remember copious amounts of cider were involved.  It didn't hurt as much as I expected it to, it was quite bearable :)

You don't think that perhaps the reason it didn't hurt as much as you expected was BECAUSE of the copious amounts of alcohol that were involved? :D

Not at all, the outline didn't hurt as much as I thought it would,then my skin went all comfortably numb.  If tattoos hurt so much I don't think people would get covered in them,unless they have massochistic tendencies.
I guess it all depends on what part of the anatomy someone chooses to get tattood.  I did once know a bloke, he'doften drink in the same pub as myself and my friends, he had eyes tattoed on his eyelids, Ouch!!!! That must've really hurt as the skin there is so thin    
:O .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 20 2006, 04:07

Ok, folks, now don't get too excited but i have posted my tattoo picture in Miscellaneous, members pictures. It is on page 8.

Let me know what you think.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 22 2006, 03:25

Sorry to start another thread on the same subject but it was only because you can't post photos in this one.

Mr Keith, I thought your tattoo looked like it was on your calf but it must be on your thigh.

If I had a tattoo, I would put it somewhere where I could hide it but also somewhere that I could show it if I wanted to, like on my shoulder blade or lower back I think, but I would want to see it myself so I think I'd go the shoulder blade, or maybe ankle if it didn't hurt too much.

ThisName have you decided on your tattoo yet? perhaps you could draw a picture of what you want and post it in the TATTOO thread.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 22 2006, 04:18

TubularBelle, yes, it is on my thigh. Covered up when I wear shorts, but revealed when I go swimming.
Profile PM 
glasgow_tubular Offline

Posted: July 22 2006, 11:23

I dont know how to find the photo  :/  sounds amazing though :D

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 22 2006, 13:11

my avatar is of my tattoo, its actually 2 i had the first one done, then asked them to design another around it, it took 2 hours to do all in black, so it was a bit painful but not to bad i have another on my other arm, i have always joked about gettin a bell tattoo so the corners of the bell are on each one of my shoulders! lol

tattoo

cheers

lee

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 23 2006, 19:13

I didn't realise you could post pics on here, sorry about that.

Glasgow, if you scroll right down the forum past all the albums, you will find the GALLERY threads which is I thought the only place you could post photos. Members Photographs is listed in the 'Miscellaneous' section but I have started a thread just for tattoos in the 'Artwork' section, both of these threads inc a photo of Mr Keiths fine tattoo. Or just click on 'new posts' at the top of the page and you will usually find them in there.

--------------
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 24 2006, 04:04

[/QUOTE]Mr Keiths fine tattoo[QUOTE]

TubularBelle, you say the sweetest things
Profile PM 
glasgow_tubular Offline

Posted: July 25 2006, 18:28

hey managed to find the photo :) good job the artist done. Want to get mine but need cash. There not sore i dont think. Kinda like getting ure leg hair ripped out one at a time really fast   :laugh:

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 28 2006, 04:33

Glasgow Tubular, glad you like the picture.

Hope you can find the cash soon.

You are right, they are not that sore. Fairly mild discomfort at most- I wouldn't keep getting them done!!!
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: July 28 2006, 04:38

my dad is even postitive about me getting a bell tattoo...
heheh
It might even really get done  :D

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 28 2006, 07:11

That is fabulous news, Piltdownboy on horseback 22.

Keep us all well informed.
Profile PM 
ThisName Offline

Posted: July 28 2006, 07:47

Hi everybody. Just to update on my tattoo ideas. I have now decided to go for a tattoo of Amarok, written down my arm in the exact style of the album cover. However, i am not keen on colour tattoos (i like baklck ornate style ones) and don't think that the colour would look all that great on my skin. So I have chosen to have it written simply in black and filled in black. I think it will look really nice reading down from my arm. Will probably have it done for my 25th birthday in september. What do you all think of that idea?

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: July 28 2006, 08:17

Think it would look awesome, though I think it might even be nicer in colour... but black and white will be cool too... :cool:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 28 2006, 09:36

Cool! B&W or color, either way. I'd probably go for a rainbow of colors (but love rainbows). Your Amarok tattoo should also precipitate some interesting discussions, as does my license plate.  Amarok:  “Is that a theosophical society?” (a librarian) “Is that a cult?” (Franciscan brother) (Hmm….yeah…the cult of the tubular bells). “Wow! You must be a Simon and Garfunkel fan!” (I am a rock) “Amarok—I know what that is! It’s wolf, right?” “May I take a picture of you and your daughters with your license plate to send to my daughter? She also has an Amarok plate (think spelled differently). She says it’s a wolf.” (church member)  It gets very interesting. The difference with the tubular bell decal that I had on the previous car (in addition to the Amarok plate) is that either people recognize it as “the” tubular bell, or they don’t, but seldom ask about it. The license plate has generated far more discussion over the years.

About a year ago, I went to the Body World exhibit when I was in Chicago for a consumer health committee meeting. It was fascinating to see the tattooed arm—the tattoo went through so many layers of skin. One of these days I’m going to get a very small tubular bell tattoo, either on my shoulder or ankle—haven’t decided yet. It’s really not the pain factor, guess it’s the permanence. I’d rather have a series of temporary tattoos that last longer than a shower. On the other hand, I have a moon-shaped scar on my lower back and I can’t see it--if the tattoo were on my shoulder, it would probably be a lot like that--out of sight, "out of mind." :)

Anyway...great choice, and good luck!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
43 replies since June 09 2006, 07:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net