Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MO + BELL SYMBOL 4, what might it stand 4 (for?)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 04:40

Thanks, I try  :D

And Congrats on making the Top 10.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 04:52

Be grateful this is not as common as it used to be. I'm old enough to remember that Publius Enigma nonsense that made all internet discussion about Pink Floyd more or less impossible in the mid 90s.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 06:46

And no one ever solved it...?  :laugh:

Like your TB4 cover, Milamber.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 07:11

@ nightspore: after all of the I1 innuendo thing happened, I sent you a couple of e-mails and I got worried when you did not reply to the second one. Maybe I was harsh and too insolent, sorry about that.

@ lars: you said the best thing here... Be grateful this is not as common as it used to be. Well, maybe you're not old enough to remember the Beatles-linked Paul is Dead urban legend, which I'm being constantly reminded of by all this insistence on hidden symbology within Mike's work. That legend used to scare me. However, the Publius Enigma did make sense - at least for a while - and it did apparently have a solution. :D It was not made public at the time exactly because of the absurdly disproportionated amount of talking that the whole thing happened to generate.

The best TBIV cover, IMHO, was made some time ago by Hans Claesson. He posted it in a thread here about a hypotetical TBIV album (I don't remember which thread exactly). It featured the Bent Bell turned 90 degrees to the left and with its long end stuck into sand, so that it really resembled a 4. :laugh: Not to mention a promotional photomontaged picture from the early 2000s, also posted here a couple of times, which featured a guy from Channel 4 producing some fours out of smoke, which really resembled Bent Bells. :D However, the resemblance was not intentional on Mike's side (as he did not come up with the shape) and I doubt that it was intentional on Trevor Key's side. It is a piece of art. Art doesn't have to have a meaning.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 07:29

My covers not a 4, It's One of those I's and I beat on it Trevor Key style :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:    ;)
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 07:37

Quote (nightspore @ Sep. 29 2011, 11:46)

Nightspore - no one ever solved what??

Are you talking about I1?

He's your Skype friend - yes? So is he OK? - I assume YOU don't think he's trolling. You've not come on here defending his integrity, or telling us he's a good bloke and well intentioned. I would have done if he was my friend. I would have also advised him to cut his monologues down because they were disruptiing the forum....

All very odd??

And you're keeping very mum....

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 07:54

The Publius Enigma was an insanity, especially since it was a clear publicity stunt and it was meant to generate all that.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 08:02

Quote (wiga @ Sep. 29 2011, 13:37)
Quote (nightspore @ Sep. 29 2011, 11:46)

Nightspore - no one ever solved what??

PF's Publius Enigma. Someone did solve it. :D

@ Sir M.: according to an explanation I've read (I'm not stating where) of the Publius Enigma, there was more to it than just publicity. That was just one of its aspects.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 08:02

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Sep. 29 2011, 23:54)
The Publius Enigma was an insanity.

Never heard of  it....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publius_Enigma

But after looking it up all this symbol shit here seems like a cheap knock up.

Folks we've been had , Why respond further here.... :/
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2011, 09:42

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 29 2011, 07:11)
@ nightspore: after all of the I1 innuendo thing happened, I sent you a couple of e-mails and I got worried when you did not reply to the second one. Maybe I was harsh and too insolent, sorry about that.

I doubt you could be harsh or insolent, Ugo  :) You can always ask me questions in the open forum - I don't mind.
Profile PM 
29 replies since Sep. 26 2011, 22:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net