Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mistakes and alternative promos< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 06 2005, 05:38

Anyone else notice some mistakes e.g. only one of the folk covers is credited Trad. arr M Oldfield, and in others Mike is credited as a co-writer!

Also, 'The Space Movie' clips are Pt3 and 4 of 'Incantations' NOT as they list!

Were there videos for Cuckoo Song, Arrival, Sheba as it was a double 'A' side with 'Wonderful Land' and Mistake?

Were there any alternative videos, or tv clips subsituted for the original promos?
Profile PM 
willy Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2005, 06:37

Quote (David Mar @ Jan. 06 2005, 05:38)
Were there videos for Cuckoo Song, Arrival, Sheba as it was a double 'A' side with 'Wonderful Land' and Mistake?

Were there any alternative videos, or tv clips subsituted for the original promos?

Yeah does anyone here know what's 'missing' - apart from the alternative Innocent and the other To France.

Having asked that, I'm very happy with what we have been given on Elements which is a very good exercise in 'tidying-up'.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 11 2005, 07:41

On the mistakes front, Wonderful Land is credited to 'Jerry Lardon' - someone must have been contemplating bacon bits for his/her salad at the time (it should, of course, be Jerry Lordan).
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2005, 15:36

Quote (David Mar @ Jan. 06 2005, 12:38)
Anyone else notice some mistakes e.g. only one of the folk covers is credited Trad. arr M Oldfield, and in others Mike is credited as a co-writer!

It's noty unusual in the record business to give such credits to cover tracks, if the musician making the cover changes the original enough to warrant such a change. A good example is Jethro Tull's Bourée which is credited to Johann Sebastian Bach and Ian Anderson. (I'm not familiar with the originals in this case so I can't say if this what they've done, but it is possible).
Profile PM WEB 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2005, 05:24

Was there a video promo for 'Mistake'?
Profile PM 
timeslip Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2005, 03:35

I have an alternative video for `To France` which is far better than the one presented on the dvd. Its got mike and the gang sings around a big lake with lots of fire - One of the better 80`s videos, I`m supprised its not on the dvd
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2005, 15:50

There's a mistake in the credits for "William Tell Overture" - Mike is credited as writer along with Gioacchino Rossini. AFAIK he didn't write a single note! :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
6 replies since Jan. 06 2005, 05:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net