Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mistake in the booklet credits..., ...about Mike< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31 2008, 19:00

There seems to be a mistake in the credits as written in the booklet. They are almost exactly the same as the ones written on the MotS Discography page here on tubular.net, with one notable exception. After "Backing Vocals", which is followed by the names of the the six female singers listed as "Choir" on the Discography page, the booklet says: "Classical Guitar: Mike Oldfield". Well, I think it should be "Classical Guitar and Piano: Mike Oldfield", as Lang Lang doesn't play piano on the whole album... the piano in Musica Universalis, for example, is played by Mike. So, IMHO, the credits should be corrected either as above, or as "Piano: Lang Lang and Mike Oldfield". :D Let's give to Caesar what is Caesar's, don't you think so? :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 31 2008, 19:19

I'm not actually certain that's the case. I remember seeing (or hearing?) an interview recently where Mike said that his own piano parts were entirely replaced by Lang Lang. The piano playing certainly seems to have a very similar touch and sound throughout.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2008, 19:27

DOUBLE... see below. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2008, 19:27

Oh, OK. ;)  I wasn't aware of this bit of info. Thanks a lot, Richard.

--------------
Profile PM 
3 replies since Mar. 31 2008, 19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net