Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: missing area....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 02 2002, 00:24

http://www.oldfield.de/images/screenshot/thomas/Boomerang.jpg

i dont remember this place........i know its from one of the demos but ive never seen it...is there anything like this in the full game?

maybe its from the old Sonic VR days...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 02 2002, 20:41

The red sky reminds me of one of the "punishment" scenes... when you've done something wrong (got the scorpion, the yellow & black snake, the black cobra...) and you're back at the cactus... only it's flamin', and the volcano is eruptin'. A Judgement Day panorama smile, luckily stoppable by shootin' the cactus with a stone or something like that. smile I think that the 'boomerangs' in that pic are supposed to be flames comin' off the ground, or landin' on it. smile

PS: Sorry for the excess of apostrophes on this post. Tonight I'm lazy. biggrin

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 

Posted: June 02 2002, 23:16

well now i see that there is a 'slanted' boomerang in the center of the screen as if ur tethered to it...maybe its what used to happen when u grab the boomerang......maybe...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
freshhh Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 13:33

I think this pic is from the old demo! I remember that landscape... If you'll try to look more carefully on the right side of a pic you'll be able to see an arch under the ground. This place is in the Tres Lunas. But it's not so green. And many little boomerangs are just the "tail" of the main one. And the sky became red in the demo when you take that boomerang. My explanation is quite clear, IMHO!

Bye!

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 

Posted: June 04 2002, 14:38

ic...so was this from a demo before the demo with the silver/chrome boomerang? i didnt know there was a demo before that...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: June 28 2002, 14:31

Hm... shouldn't boomerangs return when you throw them? wink Not in MVR apparently :-)

/ Johan
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 02 2002, 00:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net