[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's styles< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
arron11196 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 22 2006, 10:56

Maybe, maybe not.

Ultimately, we don't have any direct bearing on the way Mike is going to compose - everything we say here is mostly for our own collective benefit.

Personally, I love synths used properly - just the same as I do love all other instruments used properly. I agree with others who have said before that the style itself should dictate the methodology, and therefore the instrumentation. (where the style would come from the 'muse' (I believe that's the phrase for it these days isnt it (don't you love nested comments? :D )))

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
_ShiNe_ Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 13:00

Universal
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 13:35

Did my post get deleted? I did have one :p

He hasn't done gore, breakbeat or Krunk.... unfortunately.....

In my previous post, I said 'symphonic rock' :)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
stevenmd779 Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 14:45

Let's not get overly concerned with skill, but concentrate on the end effect of the music. It would take much skill to fart out a song, but would it be quality music? No, it would stink. Now, a synthasizer can make sounds that no other instrument can produce, and therefore makes for a wider range of expression and a 909 can put out far funkier beats than an acoustic drum set can imho. Anyways, Mike Oldfield has also played some trance and breakbeat, but I don't think he played techno though. I wouldn't consider anything on Tres Lunas as electronica though, it's more like ambient.

--------------
"A people who would sacrifice liberty for security will lose both, and deserve neither." Ben Franklin

Boogs is fo' da chode man.
Profile PM 
63 replies since May 12 2003, 18:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net