Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mikes songs< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 04 2002, 15:15

I have just made up a new compilation tape,for use in my car,and i tried to have a lot of Mike's 3-4 minute vocal songs,and it struck me,that a lot of Mikes songs are underatted,even by the fans,i have found a lot to like in them,and i have noticed that something he  does really well,is when he does a guitar solo for a song,he puts everything into it,for those few seconds,as opposed to a long instrumental track,where the solo's are longer,so some of his best guitar solo's are in songs,like Shine,Heavens Open,The Magic Touch,The Blue Night.
anyone agree?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 04 2002, 17:06

IMHO Mike puts all of his energy in the short solos because they're proportioned to the song's length. When he does a 60 minute composition ;) he can extend freely, but when the song's length is 3-4 minutes he needs to convey whatever he wants to convey in an amout of time which is fitting to the length of a 3-4 minute song. And often that amount is not bigger than 30 seconds, so it's obvious that Mike has to give it all in those 30 (and less) seconds. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
1 replies since Dec. 04 2002, 15:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net