Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's guitar EQ< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
szolnokilaci Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 17 2001, 17:20

Could anyone tell me what equipment/setting does Mike use in his guitar solos? I haven't heard such a unique sound of a guitar like in his music.
Tha
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 17 2001, 18:27

You might like to have a look in the tubulartech forums (or should I say fora? wink ) - there are several topics there about Mike's sound which you might find useful.

You could also take a look at www.appleonline.net/richardc/oldfield/discography.html (apologies for the plugging here...it saves me typing it all out smile ), especially the Incantations page which has a little bit about how he got his sound at that time (with more on its way...).

A lot of Mike's sound comes from the way he plays though, like with most players. Have a look at a video of him playing live, if you can, and see what types of thing he does which you can emulate, and also listen to the sound and try and imagine how Mike might be playing the notes (whether he's playing hard of soft, and that sort of thing). I think there is some info on the way he plays in one of the forums here somewhere...
Profile PM 
szolnokilaci Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 20 2001, 10:17

Wow, thanks for the immediate answer, I appreciate your help, Korgscrew!
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since May 17 2001, 17:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net