Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mikes favourite guitars, Was the red and white one marc bolans?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 07 2009, 20:47

Not another one! obviously if mike is planning a musical comeback he must have a suite of new gear! he still has the prs!
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 15 2009, 23:05

:p an old thread but a fun one! who has the prs seen at nokia night of the proms 2007!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 08:40

Depends which one it is.I know he kept some.I also know he sold the one with the Roland pick up installed and i think the hollow body went too.As far as i know he kept the 24 fret signature though.That's the first one he bought around the time of Earth Moving.Read an interview with him about it and the guy at Chandlers called him and said there was a guitar there that everyone was trying and raving about that he really should check out.They were newish then and had only been available here for a short time.It's the one he played on the TBII premier.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 10:29

It's easy guys....

Take a look at the instruments section.

This one is sold:
http://tubular.net/instruments/photos/PRS_Custom24_2.jpg

This one, beside the Pink one, is in the Bahamas:
http://tubular.net/instruments/photos/Start_PRS_Line6_Bass.jpg

Or maybe under my bed  :D

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 10:52

Top one's the one with the Roland pick up (sold)and t'others the signature like i said.

--------------
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 10:55

Quote (The Caveman @ May 18 2009, 16:52)
Top one's the one with the Roland pick up (sold)and t'others the signature like i said.

;)

--------------

Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 11:17

If one day Mike has the plan to sell the gorgeous PRS Custom 1989,I can imagine the price,if the Pink Strat was sold for £ 30,000 quid...of course the PRS would be more than that.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 11:45

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ May 18 2009, 17:17)
If one day Mike has the plan to sell the gorgeous PRS Custom 1989,I can imagine the price,if the Pink Strat was sold for £ 30,000 quid...of course the PRS would be more than that.

I don't think so...because a PRS is not a vintage guitar. The Fender was expensive because of its date, that is, early 60's.

Maybe manintherain could tell us his opinion about that...

Really, I don't think so...

PS: the first one he sold was worth about £1950...for example...

--------------

Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 09:23

Hey yanouch thats quite a collection you have stashed lol, next week that prs custom will belong to galadriel, aka, and under my bed!
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 09:30

Remind me what "galadriel and aka" are please!

I am just a stupid Swiss living in the mountain...
:D

--------------

Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 11:40

You really have to stop referring to yourself as stupid Yannick mate!Aka is Also Known As.My knowledge of anything other than English makes us English look stupid.We're are the most ignorant country on Earth for that!
 Deb you've confused me too! :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 12:16

Quote (The Caveman @ May 19 2009, 17:40)
You really have to stop referring to yourself as stupid Yannick mate!Aka is Also Known As.My knowledge of anything other than English makes us English look stupid.We're are the most ignorant country on Earth for that!
 Deb you've confused me too! :laugh:

Ok for Aka.....

What about galadriel?
:D

--------------

Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 12:49

Dunno.She lost me.Help us out.

--------------
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 19 2009, 16:33

Quote (yanouch65 @ May 18 2009, 17:45)

I don't think so...because a PRS is not a vintage guitar. The Fender was expensive because of its date, that is, early 60's.

My dear mate yanouch65 is absolutely right. The Fender went for quite a decent price due to its age an due to its previous owner to an unknown collector.

Mike himself mentioned way back in 1983 that these guitars are the modern Stradivarius.

;)

My guess would be that the PRS Custom wouldn´t even fetch more than maybe 3000 or 4000 quids.

I might be proven wrong.

:O

Edited by manintherain on May 19 2009, 16:35
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 22:48

:p yo yannick you are not stupid my friend, i was referring to the old lord of the rings, guitar under my bed thread, that was a hoot, remember galadriel? sorry way off topic, anyway i will find mikes prs, the one we fight over! mike i want it!
Profile PM 
fragile Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 04:10

Quote (manintherain @ May 19 2009, 16:33)
Quote (yanouch65 @ May 18 2009, 17:45)

My dear mate yanouch65 is absolutely right. The Fender went for quite a decent price due to its age an due to its previous owner to an unknown collector.

Mike himself mentioned way back in 1983 that these guitars are the modern Stradivarius.

;)

My guess would be that the PRS Custom wouldn´t even fetch more than maybe 3000 or 4000 quids.

I might be proven wrong.

:O

Yes mainintherain you´re absolutely right. The PRS is a modern guitar, it could not sold for much more than a new one is sold.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 04:09

At the risk of getting hung,drawn and quatered i really don't get that excited by PRS guitars.I've played a few and while i can see they are flawlessly made and beautifully finished they feel almost too perfect and over built.
 part of this is down to me being a traditionalist and loving Gibson and Fender guitars and partly it's down to my preference for guitars that i wouldn't mind getting the odd dent and scratch in (anyone who's seen the front of Meg my lovely acoustic will agree-scratched to hell but even better to play than the day i bought her).For example my dream guitar would be a nice SG Junior like Mike's,over the flashier SG Standard or Custom.Problem there is they haven't made them for years so i'd be forced to look at vintage peices which i wouldn't dream of paying for.An old guitar is an old guitar.Nice to look at but way over priced.If they did a modern re-issue at the equivelent price then that's the one i'd go for.The Junior was a 'Budget' guitar for those who couldn't afford a Standard.I'm not a heavy handed player and i do love and look after my guitars but they get scratched in the course of a gig.
 I'd be scared to death of getting a scratch in a PRS.They are,in my opinion,way over priced.Some go for in excess of £5000!

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 05:09

I am inclined to agree with you caveman, beautiful git, but like meg your acoustic, we always find and go back to our fave gits, by the way hope the mixing went well, and all the best with recording!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 26 2009, 11:32

Hi Deb.The mixing session will be tommorow.Can't wait.Taken so long to get it all finished!

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 26 2009, 23:28

:p good luck with the mixing session today caveman, take some chupa chups to suck on! stops cravings for ciggies! go caveman!
Profile PM 
125 replies since Feb. 27 2009, 22:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net