Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's best collaborator?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 25 2002, 05:09

Who do you  think Mike has done the best collaborations with? I think Paddy Maloney. I think that it is high time that they worked together again!! I've noticed that, up until 'Amarok', they seemed to work together about every 8 years roughly. It's a pity that Paddy is getting on a bit, so they may not be able to get together for many more collaborations until Paddy (sooner or later) passes away - especially if they had  still kept on working together every 8 years or so!
Profile PM 
TheMan Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2002, 05:47

Simon Phillips. Pekka Pohjola.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2002, 17:16

Leslie Penning.  :)   ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2002, 08:23

I agree with you David about Paddy Maloney his part in Ommadawn has to be one of the greatest collaborations Mike has ever done. I think the partnership he had with Simon Phillips was genius though, people underestimate just how much Simon added to the albums he played on, I don't think the Lake, for example, would have been half the track it is without those drum fills.

Personaly I would like to see Mike colaborate a lot more It really added an extra dimension to his sound when he had his various groups on the go in the 80's. Something I think his recent work needs.
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2002, 12:10

David Bedford for me has inspired some of MOs finest playing. If you have been privileged to hear some of Bedfords solo work, on which Mike guests on guitar, then you'll know what I mean. The epoymous track from 'Instructions for Angels', 'Sirens' and 'Phaeician Games' from 'The Oddysey', 'Rio Grande' from 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner' and the finale to 'Stars End' part one are awesome. Check them out if you haven't already    :)

Apologies for my spelling - can't be arsed to check  ;)

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
4 replies since Oct. 25 2002, 05:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net