Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike wants his guitars back< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Navaira Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 02 2006, 07:39

I also read this today, fell for the first part, became suspicious about the second and then realised why the page was removed :)

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: April 02 2006, 07:41

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ April 01 2006, 12:13)
I don't know why people bother with April Fools jokes anymore, because it just does'nt work.

Party on bro!
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: April 02 2006, 11:47

hahahaha good one!
(but if it's true he should re-name it opus one) :D

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: April 02 2006, 16:55

Quote (Unknown @ April 01 2006, 19:23)
Mike has founded a Tubular Church!! ¬¬

target="_blank">[img]http://img438.imageshack.us/img438....mg]

To me the Holy Trinity is Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn  :) .  Do the bell ringers in Mike's church ring tubular bells???   Strange how it is, but most people I 've met know of who like Mike's music follow a more earth centred religion/spirituality.  Mike said himself in the Mail on Sunday  "Live" magazine that "I go for walks in the wood, talks to birds and commune with ancient spirits in an Iron Age hillfort" :cool: .  

I think Mike has adopted ideas from many different religions into his spirituality :).  I think it took me many years to realise I'm definitely Pagan in my spirituality.    
      :)

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
TheManInTheRain Offline

Posted: April 03 2006, 15:40

Hi there from Spain,

I wast just thinkin about how the guitars' buyers would feel if they have got a treasure and his former owner ask it back. What shoud I do... will I give it back to  him for the same amount of money I got it?? fair... isnt it? Or maybe will I just give it back to him??? because I cannot keep Mike away from his precious??? Or will I ask for a very big amount of money??? Mike should have loads and I am sure he would give almost anything in order to gettin em back...

Think about it...

--------------
...and The Man In The Rain picked up his bag of secrets... and BLA BLA BLA, BLA BLA BLA... TU-BU-LAR BELLS!!!!!
Profile PM 
TheManInTheRain Offline

Posted: April 03 2006, 15:49

(but if it's true he should re-name it opus one)  

LOL!! That is really a good one, dude!!!
It would be a re-pre-release!!!
LOL

--------------
...and The Man In The Rain picked up his bag of secrets... and BLA BLA BLA, BLA BLA BLA... TU-BU-LAR BELLS!!!!!
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 04 2006, 08:59

Hi
If Mike want his guitar back, he will have to come himself in my country....with a lot of money and maybe......I will agree to give him back!!! ;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 04 2006, 21:10

You should also ask him to play for a couple of hours....just to verifiy that it's really him and not someone who has had plastic surgery to alter his appearance to look like him. :)

Actually....I was thinking about my mare and that maybe therein is a lesson....the rest of the story is that by the time I was contacted by the former owner who wanted to buy her back, I had already parted with her. I hadn't even thought to contact the former owner when I had decided to sell (actually, I ended up pretty-much giving her away to a family who didn't have the money. It was more important to me that she be well cared for). So....years from now should you ever want to part with the beast...er, the guitar that is, you may want to contact Mike to see if he has had any regrets and wants it back. Or...do what I did. :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: April 04 2006, 21:12

Quote (Inkanta @ April 05 2006, 02:10)
You should also ask him to play for a couple of hours....just to verifiy that it's really him and not someone who has had plastic surgery to alter his appearance to look like him. :)

Actually....I was thinking about my mare and that maybe therein is a lesson....the rest of the story is that by the time I was contacted by the former owner who wanted to buy her back, I had already parted with her. I hadn't even thought to contact the former owner when I had decided to sell (actually, I ended up pretty-much giving her away to a family who didn't have the money. It was more important to me that she be well cared for). So....years from now should you ever want to part with the beast...er, the guitar that is, you may want to contact Mike to see if he has had any regrets and wants it back. Or...do what I did. :)

Nooo Noo - if you want to get rid of it give it to meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Ray  ;)  :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 05 2006, 09:31

Hi
I think that this guitar will stay in my house until the end of my life. I hope so... A dream has come true, therefore I never will sell it...even against a lot of money.....hum!

Mike, don't come to me. Your guitar is mine; I don't give it back!!! ;)

--------------

Profile PM 
TheManInTheRain Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 06:08

Quote (yanouch65 @ April 04 2006, 08:59)
Hi
If Mike want his guitar back, he will have to come himself in my country....with a lot of money and maybe......I will agree to give him back!!! ;)

Hey come'on... that is not fair... and think that  Mike will be quite grateful...

--------------
Profile PM 
TheManInTheRain Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 06:21

Quote (yanouch65 @ April 05 2006, 09:31)
Hi
I think that this guitar will stay in my house until the end of my life. I hope so... A dream has come true, therefore I never will sell it...even against a lot of money.....hum!

Mike, don't come to me. Your guitar is mine; I don't give it back!!! ;)

Hey dude, think about that... how much does that Guitar cost if it is not played by Mike's Fingers.
It is like a symbiosis. Those Guitars were built just to be played by Mike.
I think the owners should give them back for the same amount of money. It is fair. They will become Mike's friends... and I really do think it is a great great deal... isn't it??

Mike!!! Come to Spain... Spain loves your music!!!!!

--------------
Profile PM 
Quicksilver Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 09:50

That's true. Come to Spain, Mike! :laugh:
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 08 2006, 07:40

Quote (TheManInTheRain @ April 07 2006, 06:21)
Mike, don't come to me. Your guitar is mine; I don't give it back!!! ;)[/quote]
Hey dude, think about that... how much does that Guitar cost if it is not played by Mike's Fingers.
It is like a symbiosis. Those Guitars were built just to be played by Mike.
I think the owners should give them back for the same amount of money. It is fair. They will become Mike's friends... and I really do think it is a great great deal... isn't it??

Mike!!! Come to Spain... Spain loves your music!!!!!

Ok...Spanish fans....you are right!    Sorry....
If Mike comes to me and plays Taurus II in my house....so I give his guitar back....

Do you like this idea?

Regards :)

--------------

Profile PM 
TheManInTheRain Offline

Posted: April 09 2006, 10:14

Good choice.  :D  :D
F.M.O is gettin higher and higher in my favourites list.

--------------
Profile PM 
fragile Offline

Posted: April 10 2006, 14:58

Guys your are so crazy. It is not the first time that Mike sold some instruments- and he never wanted anything back. Mike has enough money to buy any guitar he wants (vintage or not).
Hope that most of the guitars are sold to guitar-PLAYERS not only to fans who put it behind a screen.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 10 2006, 15:18

Quote (fragile @ April 10 2006, 14:58)
Guys your are so crazy. It is not the first time that Mike sold some instruments- and he never wanted anything back. Mike has enough money to buy any guitar he wants (vintage or not).
Hope that most of the guitars are sold to guitar-PLAYERS not only to fans who put it behind a screen.

Everybody knows that Mike doesn't want his guitars back, this is a joke for the April Fool's Day! We are not silly and not crazy.... ;)

--------------

Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: April 24 2006, 09:32

I quite liked the idea that he didn't want to be remembered for "Tubular Bells" and was going to rerelease it under a different name though.... what name would you all have chosen, folks?

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: April 24 2006, 15:23

Tubular Box Spanners

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Quicksilver Offline

Posted: April 24 2006, 18:15

Breakfast in Bed  :p
Profile PM 
42 replies since April 01 2006, 10:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net