Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Videos< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
msrmohr Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 15 2000, 12:13

Does anyone know if there is a music video collection of Mikes singles? I remember seeing "Magic Touch" on MTV years ago and wondered what other music videos he has done.
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 15 2000, 13:13

Hi msrmohr,
There is "mike oldfield elements" (PolyGram Video 088 720-3). Released 1993. Track list:
tubular bells part one, in dulci jubilo, incantations part four, etude, five miles out, moonlight shadow, islands, shadow on the wall, sentinel, tattoo. (Approx. 52 minutes)

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 04 2000, 19:03

Then there is "The Wind Chimes".
It contains: The Wind Chimes, North Star, Islands, The Time has Come, Flying Start, Magic Touch, Moonlight Shadow, Five Miles Out, Shadow on the Wall, Shine and Pictures in The Dark.

That video tape is hard to find. I got it from placing in ad on http://ommadawn.dk

There are very much more video clips. Somebody got them? I'm interested!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: April 12 2000, 07:53

Well, you can find 'The making of Blue Peter'(ra), 'Crime of Passion'(ra), 'Heaven's Open'(mpeg) and 'Portsmouth'(ra) on http://www.oldfield.dk/multimedia/
These aren't in very good quality, but it's a beginning...

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 15 2000, 14:32

Is the Monnlight Shadow Video a live-performance? And is there a video for Man in the Rain and Far above the Clouds?
lhotse Offline

Posted: July 13 2000, 03:08

Moonlight Shadow consists of a band performance (trying to get a live impression by the fireplace in a big house). It also contains scenes where Mike and some other people act like duelists etc.

Man In The Rain had footage of the premiere concert in Horse Guards Parade throughout and I have never heard or seen anything about a FATC-video.
Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: July 13 2000, 11:07

Check out the link that vinz mentioned. Heaps of new clips have just been added, it's well worth a look. The live Ommadawn clip and the Taurus 3 TV performance are incredible!
Profile PM 
Pacha Daddy Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2000, 09:42

How can a poor, isolated USA boy find good VHS versions of some of the concert tapes? I try to hunt them up on amazon.com, etc., but no luck.
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2001, 14:56

there's some videos on this site: http://www.ommdawn.cup.com/douga/cop.html you need some japanise language support or something.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Hillbilly Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2001, 05:02

http://www.oldfield.dk/multimedia/

These clips aren't working for me. I can't download them. frown

Is there something wrong with the site at the moment? I hope it gets fixed, there are lots of videos I'd like to watch!
Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2001, 05:41

www.oldfield.dk has been looking for a new server for quite some time now, but in the meantime you might want to look at http://www.pandoramusic.net/taurus-iv/gallery/english.htm
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 13 2002, 16:14

I have heard a lot about the Knebworth video,but i have never seen it,and never seen it for sale either,i take it,that it is no longer available,but can anyone tell me when it was made,and the set list,does'nt everyone agree that with D.V.D. we should get all this great stuff released?
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 19:02

i have the Knebworth video taped off.....its called The Essential Mike Oldfield....i dont know if thats the true knebworth video or not but it says 'recorded live at the knebworth festival' or somethn like that...anyway...its knebworth..

i was very lucky to get this (being in canada)...i didnt actually get it my dad got that and the Elements video taped off from somebody i dont know who.....but ya...i have it...just thought id say that......

later

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Pendleburn Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2002, 10:10

Re Knebworth Video... On www.ebay.com (search for "Oldfield"; apparently someone is auctioning the video. Well, he has two videos: Discovery Tour Live at Teatro Bussoladomani, Viareggio, Italy, Sept 8 1984 (click on this link for the other video to be mentioned as well...)

The other video is: Tubular Bells Version 1973 and Ommadawn Live at Knebworth Festival 1980.

I guess everyone will be bidding against each other but may the best man win!
Profile PM 
Pendleburn Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2002, 12:04

www.ebay.co.uk (auction site) currently has the ELEMENTS video (VHS format) on offer. (Search under "Oldfield".) The highest bid for it at the time of writing this reply was GBP 2.85 which is brilliant value as they say the video is in good condition. The bidding closes on the 17th.

Thought this might be of interest to someone.

It is always worth checking out not only the American Ebay site (www.ebay.com) but also Germany (www.ebay.de - lots of fans in Germany so many things on offer) and the UK site(www.ebay.co.uk) as they seem to offer different items to each other.
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2002, 08:55

"Pendleburn Re Knebworth Video... On www.ebay.com (search for "Oldfield"; apparently someone is auctioning the video. Well, he has two videos: Discovery Tour Live at Teatro Bussoladomani, Viareggio, Italy, Sept 8 1984 (click on this link for the other video to be mentioned as well...)
The other video is: Tubular Bells Version 1973 and Ommadawn Live at Knebworth Festival 1980.

I guess everyone will be bidding against each other but may the best man win!"

I still wonder that there are people ripping off others for copies of videos and also people who let 'emselves being ripped.....

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
Eugenio Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2002, 04:48

In ftp://amarok.huntingdon.edu

are videos of Elements, Knebworth, The Wind Chimes, etc.

Is Mirage in video?????????
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 20:12

anyone else noticed that the video of moonlight shadow is slightly different on the elements and wind chimes videos?...
Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Dancer Offline

Posted: May 22 2002, 08:55

The Wind Chimes video which includes all of the Wind Chimes album plus Five Miles Out, Moonlight Shadow, Shine, Shadow on the Wall and Pictures in the Dark is on Ebay at the moment (www.ebay.co.uk). Especially good for a couple of previously unheard solos.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2002, 05:11

Does anyone know where the house that Moonlight Shadow was filmed in is?or was it a studio?
Profile PM 
23 replies since Mar. 15 2000, 12:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net