Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike quotes James Bond -music on TSODE! Have you n< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
puhdistaja Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 20 2002, 06:27

Somebody may have noticed this already, but there is a quote of James Bond movie soundtrack on TSODE.
In James Bond film "Moonraker" (1979) there is a scene in which Bond is flying above the jungle (after his boat fell into the big waterfall). When he lands in the middle of the jungle, he finds a hidden enemy base. He enters a big cave and there are beautiful women all around the place. Then he walks on a rocky bridge, which turns over and throws him into the water pool where the big snake is.
Now, if you listen to the film soundtrack when Bond is admiring the "views" (just a moment before he falls into the water), you can hear EXACTLY the same melody that is in "The Sunken Forest" from TSODE!!!
It is so similar with "The Sunken Forest", that it cannot be a coincidence. Do you have any opinions about this?
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 20 2002, 13:53

i think (i'm not positive) that the part in the Sunken Forest you're referring to has to do with the book TSODE (perhaps there's an underwater chapter or something). i doubt it was based off of 007

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
1 replies since Nov. 20 2002, 06:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net