Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield's guitars, Mike Oldfield's guitars< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Craig Evans Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 23 2004, 02:47

What guitars does Mike Oldfield use on Etude and Discovery?

Does Mike Oldfield use the Gibson L6s and Red Fender Stratocaster for the main electric guitar parts on Etude and the Discovery album in 1984?

or

Did Mike use some other guitars?  :)  :)

--------------
"It is good to be on Horseback" - Mike Oldfield "On Horseback"

"(Insert "The Thunderstorm" here)"
Profile PM 
Rileman Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2004, 09:15

I can help with the guitars on Discovery. I believe Mike used
an SG junior, Les Paul Junior and Ovation Adamas. He used the red Stratocaster in Discovery. Take a look on the
discography page of Discovery.

--------------
It's not easy going where no-one goes, and no-one knows...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 23 2004, 11:13

I was going to go gentle on this, but after coming across yet another duplicate of this message in yet another area, I can't help it...

First thing - if nobody replies to a message, it probably means nobody has an answer. Reposting your message a few times won't help - for a start, it's going to make things harder for you, because if each person replies to a different version of your question, you're going to have to go looking through several topics to read all the replies, rather than just one. It's also very likely to wind up the other forum users, which will probably result in them just ignoring anything with your name on it...a lack of replies could well be a sign of that. Finally, it means I have to spend ages going through them all deleting all the duplicates (and, when you've posted them under different titles, it means I have to spend even longer examining each one to check whether it's a duplicate or not). I could have used that time to reply to your questions instead, which would no doubt have made you a lot happier than being ranted at by my Grumpy
Mr Admin persona.

Please also try and put things in the right area - I think it's fairly well established now that questions about guitars and other pieces of equipment belong in the TubularTech area. I realise that it's sometimes hard to work out where things belong, and in those cases, it's fine to put one copy of the topic where you think it best fits (and only one...not five in the place where you think it might belong, or one in the place where you think it might belong and a couple others dotted around the board in other places just in case) - if I think it would be better placed elsewhere, then I'll move it. However, if I find twenty from the same person which are all in obviously the wrong place, and then discover that some are going to need deleting because they're duplicates, it becomes very tempting just to hit the delete button for all of them...

Finally, though it's very courteous to thank every person individually for his/her reply, remember that some people browse this forum using the 'new posts' feature, which will lead them only to topics which have had new things posted in them since their last visit...those people are likely to get bored rather quickly when they find that a large number of those new posts don't say anything more than one member thanking others for previous replies, without adding any interesting new information. I'd suggest it's probably best to thank people privately - you might build up new friendships with people on the board that way too :).

Please do stick around, and keep posing interesting questions, Craig...just give us a little time to reply, and don't overwhelm us with loads at once!
Profile PM 
Craig Evans Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2004, 13:40

I am very sorry Rileman and Korgscrew for posting duplicate topics.  I just wasn't certain which would be the best forum to place them in and I thought using different topic titles would make sound more interesting rather than boring.  I have also been having problems with my Internet connection recently because my telephone and modem is unstable and keeps crashing so I thought prehaps that might have corrupted my posts therefore meaning nobody could access my posts to reply to them.

P.s  Thankyou Rileman and Korgscrew.  :)  :)

--------------

Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 25 2004, 08:20

If I come across a problem with a corrupted topic, I'll let the poster know so that he/she can post it again. Generally though, your modem crashing won't corrupt the topic - the worst that's likely to happen is that the topic won't appear. If however you think that something has gone wrong with something you've posted, send me a PM about it. Remember that you're able to edit posts yourself, though, so if you PM me saying "I made a typing mistake in my post, will you correct it for me?", you're most likely to get a reply telling you to go and do it yourself (if I'm in a polite mood at least :D).

I'm going to pretend that I didn't see the 'guitar effects boxes' topic which appeared in General Discussion just today...
Profile PM 
Craig Evans Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2004, 15:57

Thankyou Korgscrew!  :)  :)  My computer is feelling much better now thankyou.  :)  :)

--------------

Profile PM 
5 replies since Nov. 23 2004, 02:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net