Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield in London for this Friday?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
GodGift Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 29 2012, 12:11

I'm thinking now listening to Jazzy TB and I won't be surprised if Mike's next album will be Jazz remixes of his chosen songs being influenced by work he done for Olympics ;] Jazzy Moonlight Shadow? ;)

--------------
What a lovely day!
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 29 2012, 12:24

MIKE WORKING ON A ROCK ALBUM !!! ...

Link : Telegraph

( Thanks to Dark Star for link )

:)

Ever since Mike half jokingly (seemingly ) said he might do a heavy metal album next ( to Sky News at time of MOTS ) I've been wishing it to become a reality !!!!! .... Rock album does not of course necessarily mean Heavy Metal album but as good as ! ......I hope its not just songs !.... BRING IT ON !!!  :D
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 12:27

Just to add if you didn't know already .........

I'M VERY VERY VERY ....... HAPPY ? ....... YES YES YES !!!

:D
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 12:33

Johnnie Walker though stated Mike was not thinking of live concerts at the moment ! :(

Mike surely would have to give live concerts with a rock album ?  :)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 13:02

;) ...i was so happy to be in South of France with wife Fanny and daughters since i'm nor very with them in a year because of my love for computer music and drawings with my computer , even if i live with them lol  ..but was so sad to have missed this event in French TV . Yes this swing remix is fantastic i love the new In Dulci Jubilo and the new piece he made at the end .
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 14:59

Two Sides compilation selling well on Amazon UK !!

7th best selling overall in music and 1st in rock !

:)

Isles of Wonder cd is 2nd best selling in music .
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 16:30

Ok I have uploaded a mkv file of mike at the Olympics from the bbc to speedyshare it is a HD (120mbs) file hope you all like it..

Link

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 18:52

Mike was at BBC Radio 2 today...has anyone managed to record it? Couldn't listen it live due to the Olympics (went for badminton),later I iPlayered it but a download link would be great!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 19:38

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 29 2012, 23:52)
Mike was at BBC Radio 2 today...has anyone managed to record it? Couldn't listen it live due to the Olympics (went for badminton),later I iPlayered it but a download link would be great!

there is a free program that you can download and record radio from the iplayer, Tati the link is below for you. I use it all the time.

Radio downloader

Enjoy :D
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 04:06

Thank you for posting a HD link of the video!!!! :)  Have watched it seven times through... stunningly beautiful!!!!  

One thing though, does anyone get the impression that the guitar we are hearing isn't actually Mike!?  There is a very obvious difference in the playing that doesn't even correspond to his playing during the performance.  I'm aware that most likely he is miming... to insure accuracy for such a delicate performance.  There are elements of him in the playing, but it comes off as too clean and lacking his signature.  Thoughts?

Regardless, I love it and I can't wait to own it on Blu-Ray!!!!
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 30 2012, 05:36

As was mentioned in the press for some time before the opening ceremony happened, none of the music was being played live. It was (mostly) being played by the performers we saw, but it was pre-recorded and the performers mimed.

I can only imagine this was to ensure sound quality and cut down on the amount of equipment being moved around (not so much for Mike, but can you imagine having all the microphones for a full orchestra having to get on and off quickly?)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 05:40

:) Yes thank you so much for the link to the complete video without comments , this is a very very nice job he done ; his music fits very well with children , very touching moments !!

... someone has posted a link to watch Alasdair video trough his percussions camera but it would be great to have a link to download it . .... :/
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 06:24

Well it's been a weird week hasn't it!! Oldfield fans are coming out of the closet, friends I'd never have guessed listened to Mike are now declaring themselves life long followers. This genuinely could be the start of a real renaissance.

Great interview with Johnnie Walker too. Mike sounded so relaxed, he seems to be getting better and better at being interviewed.

And the prospect of a rock album in the making, that's got to be exciting hasn't it?!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 06:35

:) That's what i thought .. " the start of a renaissance "  :) or a new beginning !  ;)
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 07:42

Has anyone seen any TV ads for the comp album ?
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 30 2012, 07:49

Yes, on German TV. It starts with the sound of Tubular Bells and includes extracts from the videos of Moonlight Shadow and Shadow On The Wall. It even mentions the great success of Mike at the Opening Ceremony.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 08:09

Listening to the interview Mike sounds very chesty due to all the smoking  :(
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 08:44

Quote (ian @ July 30 2012, 12:42)
Has anyone seen any TV ads for the comp album ?

I saw a ad on Spotify early this morning.No Tube posters so far...can't wait to see one of these around London!

Quote (ian @ July 30 2012, 13:09)
Listening to the interview Mike sounds very chesty due to all the smoking  :(

Yep,after Tim Cross and David Bedford's passing due to lung cancer (not sure if Bedford was a smoker),seriously...MO should consider to quit smoking for good.But the only person who can make this decision is him.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Kremmen Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 09:38

I had not seen any publicity for who was on the show so was absolutely stunned when MO was announced.  Fantastic.

Has anyone mentioned FreeRapid Downloader  yet?  It's the only one I know of that can download BBC iPlayer TV shows (as .flv files).  May be UK only, though.
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 12:12

On past experience, if you tell Oldfield not to smoke he will leave the country.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
191 replies since July 25 2012, 21:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net