[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield in London for this Friday?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Mix Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 28 2012, 13:50

Quote (kazav @ July 28 2012, 19:43)
Use www.expatshield.com if you live outside the UK and you'll be able to watch MO in all his glory  :D

Wow, BIG thanks! I had never heard of that... I did install it and it really seems I can access all BBC webcontent through it.

So... just for the time being, until a better version of UNCOMMENTED video recording of Mike in Olympic opening ceremony is available internationally (we can all wish), I have uploaded the BBCi video here:

Download Link

As Tati mentioned, BBCi doesn't allow users to download the videos. So I had to use a screen capture software, which means that the video- and audio-quality is not best possible, but will have to do for the time being. At least there is NO commentary at all.

I'm expecting to get sued by BBC and/or Olympic committee very shortly, so please download quickly if interested... :) I'll remove it after a couple of days.Download link
Profile PM 
pentium75 Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 14:22

Maybe you can record the BBCi program with StreamTransport?

I tried to use ExpatShield - with it I can start watching the stream but then it stops due too little bandwidth.
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 14:27

Quote (pentium75 @ July 28 2012, 21:22)
Maybe you can record the BBCi program with StreamTransport?

I tried to use ExpatShield - with it I can start watching the stream but then it stops due too little bandwidth.

The video I uploaded to Rapidshare was recorded by using WMCapture, using settings:

Audio: 128kbps
Video: 3000kpbs / 25fps / MPEG2

I didn't have any bandwidth problems, fortunately. And the quality doesn't seem to be much deteriorated compared to the BBCi original stream(?)
Profile PM 
GodGift Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 28 2012, 15:07

Hey I watched the opening on telly and it was great and I love the jazzy/swingy version of TB! Just to mention only Mike Oldfield and Underworld composed music specially for the ceremony! Rest of the artist had their track used and maybe slightly cut/mixed and that's it!

--------------
What a lovely day!
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 17:18

Well, it was incredible, awesome, fantastic and so on... And it sure is doing well for his recordsales....
At this moment of writing he's got 5 records in the top 100 at Amazon-sales in the UK :
No. 92  QE2
No. 77  Classic Album Selection
No. 68  Platinum
No. 27  Tubular Bells
No. 14  Two Sides, the very best of Mike Oldfield

And while we  are there, ofcourse also appearing at no. 2 on Isles of Wonder.....  :D
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 17:33

I swear I've never spent this much time exploring the recesses of Twitter before.  Anyway, last year I asked if one of the former members of the Queens College Girls Choir ever talked much about her experiences.  Last night jogged her memory a bit :laugh:

http://twitter.com/emmafreud

emma freud‏@emmafreud

I was mike oldfield's backing singer 35 years ago. Why didn't he ask me to help tonight? Weird.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
GodGift Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 19:21

Alrighty! I'm uploading the song on youtube. It says 74 min remaining now but here is the link:

Mike Oldfield - Isles of Wonder - Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo

Enjoy when it's ready and I hope it will stay there long and I hope for good sound quality as well ;]

EDIT:
OK! It's online! Enjoy!

Edited by GodGift on July 28 2012, 20:40

--------------
What a lovely day!
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 19:34

Quote (GodGift @ July 28 2012, 19:21)
Alrighty! I'm uploading the song on youtube. It says 74 min remaining now but here is the link:

Mike Oldfield - Isles of Wonder - Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo

Enjoy when it's ready and I hope it will stay there long and I hope for good sound quality as well ;]

EDIT:
64 min :P

says "not available"

how about uploading audio to speedyshare for download only?

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
GodGift Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 19:42

i said it's still uploading and gonna take a while. I don't want to share audio file to download. Youtube is more legal option. Sorry.

--------------
What a lovely day!
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 20:35

I have high quality MO full performance recorded from BBC Sports HD available (1280x720, H264 mkv). PM me for download link if you are interested.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
oGUH Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 20:42

Quote (Mix @ July 28 2012, 13:50)
[quote=kazav,July 28 2012, 19:43]Use www.expatshield.com if ly[/b] (we can all wish), I have uploaded the BBCi video here:

Download Link

[/URL]

:/ unavailable!!!! :/

may be you should re-upload, with a different name
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 20:42

It was ace. Really good to see Mike again with a worldwide audience. Not sure about some abrupt cuts and edits in sound (perhaps the bbc's error) during Tub 3. Amazing he had a major part. Trevor Nelson yapping over Mike's solo's was unforgivable. What a pratt.
Profile PM WEB 
Chicular Offline

Posted: July 28 2012, 23:28

I agree. Trevor Nelson done my nut in. What a great performance from Mike though. I've watched his segment over and over and am keeping it on my sky planner for life!
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 02:24

My drama was looking up part way through the teams' entrances to see my recorder had switched itself off.  Fortunately, I'd hedged my bets and asked my mum to capture it as well, so will catch up with the whole thing one day (I considered asking her to try and choose the option that was devoid of commentary but it would have taken too long to explain).   As it was, by whatever chance the recorder decided it was time to stop that occured during Rowan Atkinson's filmed insert.

Saving a little bit of the surprise, I was anticipating a short slot amongst the many, with more emphasis to the bell-ringing end of TB.  When an arpeggio featured as early as it did, I was slightly disappointed - fearing that whatever was about to happen might be overwhelmed by all the whatevers that were yet to come.  The fact that I'm as bowled over by the bonkers visuals as the delightful arrangement of the music speaks wonders for the care taken by all those involved to produce a segment that is at least the equal of the others.  Loved the lot.

Some of which I was only keeping half-an-eye on for a while!  My other confession must include investigating the online reaction to Mike's performance.  To be honest, other aspects trended for longer in various loations: Trevor Nelson was worldwide fo a while although of the four UK cities listed, only in London; and the late Jimmy Saville was brought to the world's attention once  Team GB's outfits caught our eye!  But I think my favourite memory will be one of those tweets that seek to find out why anything is attracting so much attention, for the benefit of the rest of the community.  Why, it wondered, is In Dulci Jubilo, first noticed in London, trending worldwide? :D  :D  :D

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
gths Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 03:22

Just watched the Opening Ceremony. I thought the whole of it before the athletes came in was really great but I got really teary during the Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo bit. Seriously. Actually I'd already started with the intro and Kenneth Branagh walking around like he owned the place, but when the opening motif kicked in, golly.

It's funny because I do get the feeling from afar Oldfield's generally regarded as a bit of an out-of-favour eccentric in the UK (though he  gets more respect on the continent) so it blew me away that he got such a prominent role, on one of the best sequences of the evening. I could barely believe what I was watching, it was like one of my weirder dreams come to life, and he and Danny Boyle and everyone involved did a great job bringing it to reality. The fact that I liked a lot of the other music during the ceremony made this the one I've enjoyed the most in my life, and I say that as an Australian who thought the Sydney 2000 closing was hard to top, just for its music and awesome tackiness. (Can't ever forget Midnight Oil in their "sorry" protest costumes, heh.)

It probably also explains why there's yet another compilation coming out along with the reissues this week. I expect to see "as featured in the London Opening Ceremony" stickers on the front, haha.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 04:12

Jimmy Saville ????? Did I miss something ?

Loved the chimney stacks coming out of the ground. Our Fred Dibnah would have been proud. He would probably have been one of the men climbing one.

I wonder if Mr Atkinson gave a thought to turning down the MC on Tubular Bells 2003. It was probably too much to expect Vangelis to be there but it would have been brill. Still good though.
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 04:52

Mad Props to Mike for his performance in the 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremonies!!!!  I'm so proud of him!!!!  The arrangement is stunning and jaw-dropping :)  On a side note, glad he has his hair back to blond... it suits him well.  Currently listening to the entire Isles of Wonder Album I just purchased off iTunes US :)  LOVING EVERY MOMENT OF HIS TRACK!!!!!!!!!  Currently on the 10th rotation :)

If this is where Mike is headed I'm totally on board!!!!

One thing I noticed, if it is him playing the guitar in the latter part, during FATC, his has seriously toned down the high ends in favor of low ends on the guitar.  

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THE AFRICAN BELL SECTION ON FATC!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you Mike for making the opening ceremonies special for your fans and the world!!!!!!!!!!!  

Long Live The Bell!!!!
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 05:49

It was visually impressive. The music suited well too.

I quite liked the use of the FATC based track with the monsters and villains appearing and how the bells changed from a minor tune to a major tune with the Mary Poppinses appearing.

I never had a trampoline bed and an illuminated sheet when I was a child. Must be a British thing...

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 06:28

I have uploaded the mp3 to speedyshare.

link

Enjoy :D
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 29 2012, 12:07

Cheers. I'd have bought it legally if I weren't restricted from doing so. In this modern age I'm not buying the whole album for just the one track I need. It's not the thing we have to do any more. If anywhere legal shows up allowing us to download it in isolation then I Am There.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
191 replies since July 25 2012, 21:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net