Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield at The Cornwall Colluseum< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
autotom45 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 21 2011, 06:50

Am I going mad, I am sure that I went to see Mike Oldfield at the Cornwall Colluseum back in the late 1970's or early 1980's, but having looked at the Tours you have posted I am beginning to think that I'm going mad because I cannot see it listed.

Can anyone confirm this for me before I am committed for having an overzealous imagination!! javascript:emoticon(':(';)
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2011, 08:39

Welcome autotom45

Yes it did happen - in June 1980 - so you can forget the visit to the psychotherapist. However, I don't know much about it so do pass on your experience to the rest of us.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 02:47

It took place on June 19th 1980 St. Austell, Cornwall Coliseum
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 09:25

Or was it June 17th?

Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 14:32

Could be :-) Thanks for the scan !
Profile PM 
autotom45 Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 19:19

Many thanks for the info, the visit to the quacks is off.  I can honestly say I cannot remember much about the concert, I do remember sitting down for it, can't say I had ever sat down on the floor for a concert before, and have not since.
It's a shame when you cannot recall things, I was not particularly into Mike at the time, i probably just went with a couple of mates, I would love to experience it again, where's a time machine when you need it.
Hopefully I will get another chance to see my musical hero, who knows.
Once again many thanks for the help.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2011, 19:36

My best memory of the Coliesium was The Pogues, and Shane sucking a bottle of whiskey dry completely drunk. But that was the 90's after I'd moved from Essex to Devon.

Shame, 'cos apart from Exeter's Westpoint Or Plymouth Pavillions, there's nothing left in teh West Country for bands on the "b" or "c" circuit. And certainly nothing for the "a" or stadium bands. Where would Muse play to a home crowd now?

Here's what the Colisium looks like now - link

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
6 replies since Feb. 21 2011, 06:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net