Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike, Maggie and an 80s Compilation< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 25 2001, 19:51

This is hardly relevant really...which is why I'm posting it wink

I spotted an advert on TV (can't remember the channel...one of the numerous trashy digital channels that my friend gets) for one of those silly compilation albums the other day - this one happened to be 'Hits of the 80s' or a similar title. Anyway, looking at the list of names that scrolled across the screen (as they do - usually quickly so that you don't notice that there is actually only one act you've even heard of and none who have released a decent song). What suprised me is when the name 'Mike Oldfield' scrolled across...well, it caught my eye anyway...Then a few seconds later, on screen appear the faces of Mike and Maggie Reilly, as featured in the 'Moonlight Shadow' video.

Hardly suprising really - that song gets onto all sorts of compilations...just spotting Mike and Maggie like that was a small suprise wink
Profile PM 
Lightspeed Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 07 2001, 07:02

Actually i saw the ad on VH1...and you were right, it was kinda suprising, specially because, VH1 does a programme about musical years, and on the 1973 programme, Tubular Bells video clip is that last one...the finale. The funny thing is that they only show the 1st minute, and in the 1st minute we never see Mike "totally"...playing his bass, while we see Mick Taylor, and all the other guys, for someone thatt doesnt know Mike and see that excerpt of the vid clip for the 1st, will think Mick Taylor is Mike Oldfield

--------------
"Thou Art In Heaven" :D
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2002, 11:08

Hi,
Just a little side step from this topic,but has anyone heard anything about what Maggie Reilly is upto these days?does she still sing/perform?,where is she living?,does Mike and her still talk?.And if she does still sing,would'nt it be great for her voice to grace a new Mike Oldfield album!!!.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2002, 13:45

I would suggest that you take a look at www.maggiereilly.com but it doesn't seem to actually exist any more...

Anyway, Maggie is still around and is still singing and releasing albums as a solo artist.

Some details about what she did in the years after she finished working with Mike can be found on the Crises page of the tubular.net discography.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 05:52

Well, the site is still there, and has some info about her time with Mike. Mike is refered to as
the master of spheric synthesizer sounds and energetic guitar tunes

How does this sound? Does anyone know what 'Spheric' means?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 06:06

Just noticed another quote from the site. Mike is described as:

world famous multi-instrumentalist, hyper-perfectionist and soundmaster

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 19:13

Yes, it seems the site re-appeared after a few months.

With spheric, they might be shortening atmospheric in order to make a clever little alliteration.
Profile PM 
6 replies since Jan. 25 2001, 19:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net