Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike and art< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kaijima Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 07 2002, 15:43

Umm... hello ^.^

I was introduced to Mike maybe seven years ago by a friend who has a habit of selecting music that describes someone. He had told me he finally found "my" music and it happened to be the title track from QE2. I was really blown away, and immediately wanted to know more about the artist.

But, anyway... I have really grown to consider Mike my favorate musical artist, bar none. Much of his music is deeply meaningful to me in ways would would be very difficult (and probably strange) to explain, but one effect the music has had on me has been to influence my own art. Influences from Mike's music have creeped into (and inspired) much of my work, and I have actually done some paintings directly inspired by certain songs. If anyone is interested to see...

Inspired by To France (Discovery):

http://drakenfluegel.lostweyr.org/art/oddity/refuge_big.jpg

Inspired by Tubular World (TSODE):

http://drakenfluegel.lostweyr.org/art/oddity/special_relativity.JPG

Inspired by The Voyager (Voyager):

http://drakenfluegel.lostweyr.org/art/dragons/sunlight.JPG

-- Kai
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 08 2002, 03:27

Those links don't work! I would very much like to view your paintings, so it would be good if you could please update the links if they have changed.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: July 08 2002, 05:52

The links work for me (in that JPEGs come up)...
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 08 2002, 05:55

They work fine for me. Maybe it was a temporary problem...

It's very interesting to see what images the music conjures up for different people - I don't think I'd have come up with anything like those, had someone asked me to paint what I saw in those pieces of music (the results might have been a little less artistic for starters ;)).
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 09 2002, 04:48

Ah. They work now! They are all great pictures. I especially like the one inspired by Tubular World!

I couldn't do art like that, not without a heap of practice. I have done several paintings, landscapes and such. I would upload them, but it would take a while. I might though. None of them are inspired by Mike, but if I ever was to do a painting soon it might be (I wonder what the Amarok one would be like :p )

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
4 replies since July 07 2002, 15:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net