Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MIDI processing nightmare, can anyone help?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jacen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 06 2011, 10:44

This will be quite a lengthy post not for the feint-of-heart.

A friend of mine is interested in setting up a band and wants to perform on stage at various gigs (starting off small). He is interested in using his laptop as an audio mixer, and a VST host.

The problem he's come across rears its ugly head when he considers how he wishes to control the VSTs while he is on stage. At my recommendation he's bought himself a E-MU 1616 (EMU 1616 cardbus) which has pretty much any kind of connection you could possibly need for analogue or digital audio input/output.

My friend realises that the best course of action will probably be to use foot pedals to control MIDI signals sent back to the computer running the VSTs he wishes to switch between, but neither of us is sure how that is to be done. Ideally we need a piece of software that will accept the very specific (switch or ON/OFF) input and alter the behaviour of the VST on the fly. My slight concern at this point is the type of MIDI signal the 1616 is probably designed to receive is more likely to be related to control surfaces.

Has anybody come across this kind of a problem, and have they found a software/physical wiring solution? Many thanks for your help
Profile PM 
jacen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2011, 14:56

Thanks for the views, my friend has worked it out. He's going to use Guitar Rig 4 with a custom MIDI foot pedal.
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 06 2011, 10:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net