Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: micheal jackson dies, is this real< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
3Wheeler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 25 2009, 17:47

Just heard he might of Had a Heart attack.... or worse..

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 18:22

Apparently M Jackson has died, can't be surely.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 18:50

Yep looks like its confirmed now...  Anyone who sells 40 million Copies  of one Album deserves maximum Kudous    RIP.

--------------
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 25 2009, 19:02

Holy crap.

Many news outlets (CNN included) have not confirmed it yet, though. I'm always a bit wary of unconfirmed news, since the situation there is a mess, but I'm not doubting it either. If it's true, today shouldn't pass in blank. Like him or hate him, he changed pop music permanently.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: June 25 2009, 19:24

so sad news :/
he was really my icon when i was just a kid.. remember dancing wild in the 90's.. I was so addicted he he..
My child friend Camilla was even more crazy about him. She had all, and the room was totally full of posters. We had this cd player/sterio on batteries walking around playing hes music and danced. Good memories is all i will keep about this great dancer and singer.

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 21:45

:/ ok guys , i have to respect him and your sadness too ; after all , he's a person with a family and friends and fans so i'll respect him and this sad day too .
But i have to say i'm certainly more affected to know Farrah Fawcett has died than to know Michael Jackson has died .
Maybe a question of generations gap ! ....

May they rest in peace !
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 23:33

I still can't believe it!

I have a longtime friend from school that was travelling to London to attend 2 MJ's concerts this year,her husband bought  the tickets for her,it was her lifelong dream since she has become a fan in the early 90's...and now MJ is dead and no tour at all!

Although there were a few tunes I really enjoy,I'm not a fan,but I do sympathize with all the mourning that MJ's fans are feeling now.

RIP King of Pop  :/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 03:08

My daughter bought a couple of tickets to see him in London.And just last weekend I was joking with her that by the look of him in the press photographs,I wouldn`t be surprised to see him come on stage in a wheelchair.Sounds to me like he was just massively stressed out about the whole event.Or maybe he was trying to get "fit" for it I guess...

He wasn`t my favourite artist by a long way,although both my daughter and eldest son liked him a lot.I must admit though I did like a lot of those later Jacksons singles.And his two early albums with Quincy Jones are pretty much faultless  ..R.I.P.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 03:35

Indeed very sad news, a stellar career, hope he is at peace now, it eluded him in this life, but his music will live on. vale michael and farrah fawcett who passed today, deb
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: June 26 2009, 04:30

Does this mean that there wont be a comeback tour, then?  

I'm sorry to sound harsh, but this idolism is just too much....people stand on each others shoulders to come and cry on TV about a man they didn't know personally      :/

He was very gifted - music wise, that is - but his personal life was a disaster - especially because he couldn't keep his hands off younger boys and being a 100% weirdo in public.

A former talented musician is dead - so what - thousands die every day from famine, war, poverty, deceases and other heartbreaking reasons....
...I don't hear you sobbing about them..

I consider myself a big fan of Mike Oldfield, but should he die, I won't start sobbing or cry on tv because I DIDN'T KNOW THE MAN PERSONALLY! ...a tragic lost of talent but in the end of the day, he is just a foreigner to me. - so it also is with M. Jackson.

The very close family and near friends is in shock and that's very understandable - I feel for his kids in this situation - but the rest is just common mob with no personal attachment to MJ.
Stop your hypocrisy    
 :/
wiga Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 05:06

I have mixed feelings about this, because on the one hand this guy was quite possibly - although not according to law - a bit of a child seducer.

He was also an outstanding performer and showman, and  "Off the wall" and "Bad" are wicked albums.

I feel sorry for him for his fcucked up life, and at the same time despise him (and some parents) for what undoubtedly went on in Neverland.

His contribution to music was sound, but his contribution to society finished years ago.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 16:18

Hugh Hopper died from cancer earlier this month. That was a real blow to the world of music. It's never a good thing when people die too early, but the self-appointed "king of pop" always caught my attention more because of his over-the-top lifestyle than for his unique brand of family-friendly r'n'b.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 03:35

Mike was lucky He got all his  Chart Sales under the Belt before this Happened.. Can see the Album Charts being Full of Jacko Material for Months now..

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 05:43

Once again Prisoner hits the nail on the head.

The global sanctifying of this person is baffling.  And if you think I'm being harsh, consider this:  as an entertainer he enjoyed a huge amount of fame and fortune (by all accounts, well-deserved), but even if he had a halo and sported wings he should have been locked up in a looney bin 5 seconds after he dangled that poor child off that balcony.  Speaking strictly as a father here, I feel that was the moment that showed he was beyond redemption.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 06:44

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ June 25 2009, 23:02)
Holy crap. .............

. Like him or hate him, he changed pop music permanently.

Yes I have to agree, his 80's stuff is what I grew up with , Thriller and Bad etc, I wasn't an avid fan, but I  like the song State Of Shock , with Mick Jagger, and many of Jacko's hits are just so infectious, you get them in your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PArDp5YBCs   :cool: .

I think Mick stepped in when Freddie Mercury was unable to make the recording sessions due to other commitments.

Here's a rare demo of MJ and Freddie Mercury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9_BwMtPeWU
:cool:

I do think after Thursday and the morbid news with MJ, Farrah Fawcett, and then I also lost a cyberfriend agd 23, he had taken an OD of paracetamol at the weekend, and it was too late to save him.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 12:15

Quote (Bassman @ June 27 2009, 10:43)
Once again Prisoner hits the nail on the head.

The global sanctifying of this person is baffling.  And if you think I'm being harsh, consider this:  as an entertainer he enjoyed a huge amount of fame and fortune (by all accounts, well-deserved), but even if he had a halo and sported wings he should have been locked up in a looney bin 5 seconds after he dangled that poor child off that balcony.  Speaking strictly as a father here, I feel that was the moment that showed he was beyond redemption.

There can be little doubt that the guy should have had help years ago.Unfortunatly it then got to the point when he should`ve been locked away if not for his own,then certainly other people`s protection.Not long after Phil Spector found himself incarcerated I read this very interesting article copied & pasted below..Food for thought!

Phil Spector and the Death of Madness Chic

Phil Spector was immortalized by Tom Wolfe as the "tycoon of teen" when he was 25. He'll turn 70 this year as a convicted murderer. Time, the great equalizer, has done more than bring Phil Spector down. It has sent him straight to hell.

Mick Brown described meeting Spector, who was wearing a talking wristwatch, in his biography Tearing Down the Wall of Sound:

Now, he said, he was trying to make his life "reasonable."

"I'm not ever going to be happy. Happiness isn't on. Because happiness is temporary. Unhappiness is temporary. Ecstasy is temporary. But being reasonable is an approach. And being with yourself. It's very difficult, very difficult to be reasonable." The wristwatch spoke: "It's six o'clock."

There was a time when that sort of dialog, resonant with undertones of meaning that aren't really there, was considered a mark of brilliance and not of incoherence. We know better now: The watch is making more sense than Phil. But back then insanity was considered dramatic, charismatic, and hip. Jim Morrison reigned, Brian Jones died, and college students in black leather repeated William Blake's line from The Proverbs of Heaven and Hell: "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."

Except that it doesn't usually lead anywhere near the Palace of Wisdom. It leads to Palace of Bloated and Incoherent Rock Stars, or to pointless self-indulgence. Or to death. And the line is from the hell portion of Blake's proverbs. It's time to end the era of Madness Chic.

Show of hands: Who wants to trade places with Amy Winehouse right now?

Phil Spector started his career in 1958 with a song whose title was lifted from a tombstone: "To Know Him Is To Love Him." Somehow he managed to become the leading (and maybe only) exemplar of the auteur theory of pop music production, where he - not the singer or songwriters - was the Artist. Ever alert to the Next Opportunity, he managed to survive the rise of self-contained acts by attaching himself to the biggest one of them all: The Beatles.

He produced some of the great rock records of all time. In response, the world was ready to indulge him in excesses of behavior that in anyone but a Star would have been recognized for what they were: symptoms of severe mental illness and some profoundly dangerous tendencies. But in that warped conflation of madness and hipness, people rolled the juicy stories around on their tongues: He pulled a gun on the Ramones! He attacked John Lennon!

He also produced those artists' worst albums - no surprise, since he was already on the downward slope to Hell. Leonard Cohen's worst album was a Spector production, too, and Spector's assault on Cohen also appears in the Brown biography:

Cohen would later recall how on one occasion in the studio Spector approached him with a bottle of Manischewitz in one hand and a pistol in the other, placed his arm around Cohen's shoulder, shoved the gun in his neck and said "Leonard, I love you." Cohen, with admirable aplomb, simply moved the barrel away, saying "I hope you do, Phil."

Great anecdote, as told by Cohen. But not such a great reality, especially in light of later events. While Cohen enjoys a triumphal return to the stage, his career apparently recovered from Spector collaborations like "Don't Go Home With Your Hard-On," Spector has reached the last stop on the road to excess.

Spector had the money and the fame to resist medical and legal interventions when they might have saved Lana Clarkson and kept him from his unfolding fate. And, since he seemed so glamorously fucked-up, he also had swarms of admirers who appreciated his sickness for the stories it allowed them to repeat and savor. I've been guilty of that myself. We were all, in the language of the day, his enablers.

But maybe we can make an agreement: No more glamorization of mental illness. Brian Wilson was a genius, but he also suffered terribly. Let's not use that for good copy anymore. Pete Doherty? A talented guy, but he's ruining his own life and probably others too. That Byronic thing of yours, Pete? It's been done. Get some help, friend. Warren Zevon turned back from that road when he saw that "it's not that pretty at all." You can, too.

These guys aren't killers in the making, but they ain't exactly well.

Besides, where did Madness Chic ever do for its fashion victims except enslave them to the unstoppable cruelty of time and decay? The jury rendered its verdict some time after 5 pm yesterday. Was Phil Spector wearing that talking watch in court? If so, it spoke some of the first words he would hear as a convicted killer facing his own kind of Hell:

"It's six o'clock."

--RJ Eskow
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 20:48

Quote (3Wheeler @ June 27 2009, 08:35)
Mike was lucky He got all his  Chart Sales under the Belt before this Happened.. Can see the Album Charts being Full of Jacko Material for Months now..

I was on Ebay earlier and someone had sold an old vinyl copy of Thriller for £65 buy it now..   :O I mean this thing has been on every car-boot sale stall for the past 15 years or something selling for about 50p.It`s Complete Madness..Well actualy no it`s not,as that was a much better album entirely.Plus it had House Of Fun on it,previously only available as a single.You`d probably have to pay as much as a pound for that one.And depending on what condition it was in,maybe as much as £2 for Tubular Bells.

Yeah Mike`s done pretty well with this TB re-issue.And what with Foreign Affair riding high in the Belgian chart,he`ll probably have enough money to buy himself another boat.Maybe he could keep the orchestra on there and they could sail alongside.Give himself a bit more space and all that..  

;)
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: June 28 2009, 02:19

Yes, your talking about a guy who did things so bad, a child actually had to describe MJ's genitals in court. The family settled for 20 million dollars but still.....that's not something a kid should be forced to do. Me? Never been gleeful for "pop" too much or this guy.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 28 2009, 03:33

I liked Sir Paul McCartney's tribute to Michael Jackson...

"Michael was a very talented boy man."

Well we certainly knew he wasn't a ladies man!

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 03:37

Mike Oldfield was given a Mention in this Weeks Album Chart Round up on the Yahoo Music Page by James Masterton..

Jackos Albums have just alternated the No1 Spot Position..1st time this has Happened since Mike Oldfield Achieved the Feat in the 70s it seems.. :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
29 replies since June 25 2009, 18:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net