Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Merry Christmas Tubes!, from Jimbo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dirk Star Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 07:25

This Christmas we`ve gone Rockband/Guitar Hero crazy.There`s practicaly a band playing in every room of the house here Wii,XBox and PS2.Not to mention my own hi-fi here in the dining room going non-stop.I`m pleased I don`t have to live next door to myself,put it that way.The Beatles Rockband on the wii downstairs has brought the whole family together over Christmas which has been nice.Had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs on that.And the kids are walking round the house singing songs that I know for a change.Great stuff!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 07:36

My ex-wife has that.She's a big Beatles fan (my fault) so bought it as soon as it came out.My daughters liked the Beatles already but now they think they are cool.Been telling them that for years but takes a new bit of technology to prove it to them :laugh:

Is the clicking of the plastic drums getting on your nerves yet?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 08:13

It`s not a "click" when I hit them mate,I`m surprised that thing`s still standing.It`s kind of pretty frustrating being a drummer anyway because obviously they just don`t feel right compared to skins.In many ways it`s like being back on the biscuit tins again,except they`re plugged-in.Ringo Starr on electric hobnobs or something.My youngest loves it though,and he`s definetly picking up on the rhythms from playing on it.Most of the time I stick to the guitar or the singing.And a little piece of advice if you are ever singing on it.Don`t let somebody else pick the songs while you`re up there making a prat of yourself.Twist & Shout followed by Helter bleedin` Skelter..I`m amazed I can still speak.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 08:20

My younger 2 love singing on it.The quizical look on there faces is priceless on stuff Like Lucy In The Sky.You can see them going "What the f*ck is this song about?".How do you explain hallucinogenics to 9 and 10 year old kids?Answer:You don't!You wimp out and say "Yes they are odd aren't they darling" and then give them the story about Julian and his art work.And if you believe that....... :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 08:37

They had a question about that on QI a few nights back,and even Stephen Fry denied it was about drugs so it must be true.  :D The youngest was singing Come Together the other night,and of course he did`nt even know the tune never mind the words.I`m ashamed to say I was absolutely creased up me guitar playing was all over the place.And I was only on the "easy" setting.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 08:42

Well if Stephen Fry says it's not about drugs then it must be true.However they also said on there that the 2 finger salute was from the 70's and not a reference to English archers in the 100 years war so you pays yer money!
 Funny thing about the little strat is that when you put a real one next to it (ie mine)you realise how tiny the controller is.

--------------
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 10:43

Quote (The Caveman @ Dec. 29 2009, 03:30)
Ate too much (all veggie of course....including Belgium's fine sprouts!;) ),smoked too much and had a generally lazy time of it.So much so that out of guilt i dragged my arse off the sofa yesterday and made myself go out for a walk.Up the road from me is a path the Romans used to transport salt and other minerals.Unsurprisingly it's called Salt Way.Nice walk to open the lungs.Snow later.So what's everyone been up to?Was Saint Nick good to you? :laugh:

Ooo....a walk on Roman roads--sounds fantastic! I had to run 8.25 miles on a boring treadmill.  :/  

Christmas dinner--mostly veggie here too, except for the turkey that I cooked for the omnivores in the house. Baked a really good apple pie, as well. Normally I would have cooked a tofurkey, but earlier in the week I had some tofu at a restaurant that didn't quite agree with me.  Instead, I made something resembling the Enchanted Broccoli Forest--which tends to send the kids screaming from the room--without the forest. It was really, really good. Broccoli, cheese, eggs, rice, and assorted spices.

Today, though, I am completely lusting after green curry with tofu. May just have to venture out into the wind chill advisory to get some!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 10:48

Quote (Dirk Star @ Dec. 29 2009, 07:25)
This Christmas we`ve gone Rockband/Guitar Hero crazy.There`s practicaly a band playing in every room of the house here Wii,XBox and PS2.Not to mention my own hi-fi here in the dining room going non-stop.I`m pleased I don`t have to live next door to myself,put it that way.The Beatles Rockband on the wii downstairs has brought the whole family together over Christmas which has been nice.Had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs on that.And the kids are walking round the house singing songs that I know for a change.Great stuff!

Hahahah! Too funny! We ended up with Guitar Hero, too. I just wish that it sort of taught something about the guitar as it goes along!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 10:52

The Rockband George Harrison Gretsch guitar was retailing for about £90 or something ridiculous.And now in the sales it`s about 20-30,which is even more ridiculous really.Just got the Strat here though.And another strat in the youngest`s room.And then a Metallica one with skulls on it in the eldest`s.It`s like Abbey Road over here dude..  :D

The youngest has just done a 465 note streak/99% drumming to Good Morning Good Morning.There`s all sorts of interchangeable time signatures in that song 5/4,,,4/4,,,3/4 The kid`s a natural,looks like my pension plan is in safe hands.  :p
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 10:57

Quote (Inkanta @ Dec. 29 2009, 15:48)
Quote (Dirk Star @ Dec. 29 2009, 07:25)

Hahahah! Too funny! We ended up with Guitar Hero, too. I just wish that it sort of taught something about the guitar as it goes along!

I think you definetely learn something regarding the drums,but yeah the guitar does`nt teach you anything at all really.

[URL=http://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/clips/sp_vid_163728/?searchterm=GUITAR HERO]Guitar Hero Unplugged[/URL]
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 10:59

It's not so much a road as a muddy track.Not all Roman roads where well built (except the road that runs past Silbury Hill).Nice walk though.
 Love the idea of an Enchanted Brocolli Forset.Full of small brocolli folk doing what small vegie folk do.Sounds like Lord Of The Rings.Very small relatives of Ents.
 Good Morning has some ridiculous time changes.Ringo rocked!

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 11:27

Obviously tubular.net does`nt like South Park links for some reason.If you ever get the chance to watch the Guitar Hero based episode of South Park though do so,it`s absolutely hilarious.

Brocolli has really took over from the cauliflower now has`nt it.We nearly always used to have cauliflower on our plates sunday dinner time.And then as the years went by we seemed to move more and more into brocolli territory.So much so in fact that on one rare ocassion when we actualy went back to cauliflower for a change.My daughter(who would`ve been about 16 at the time) Left most of the cauliflower on her plate uneaten.. "What`s the matter with your dinner" ? I asked her
"I don`t like that white brocolli stuff" ! she replied..  :laugh:
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 11:38

Ever seen a purple cauli?What the hell's that about?I love pretty much all veg,which is handy for a 100% vegetarian really,but there's something about a purple cauli that worries me.My mum still buys marrowfat processed peas too.Now they really are bad news.One stage away from mushy peas IMO (sorry if anyone's from the Stoke area where mushy peas and gravy with your chips are mandatory with an oatcake to follow for desert).

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 12:02

Yeah Purple Sprouting Brocolli it`s all the rage mate amongst the nouveau vague.Gordon Ramsay swears by it, BA DA BA TSSSH! There`s a song about it on the last Bonzo Dog Band album,it`s pretty hilarious actualy.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 12:10

Very droll.Didn't know the Bonzo did the that.That'll be on Lets Make Up And Be Friendly then?The one they made at the Manor.Must check it out.

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2009, 12:39

Nooo. It`s on Pour L`amour Des Chiens (2008) Obviously there`s no Viv on it,but it`s still rather good.All of the original members plus guest appearences from Stephen Fry(again) Phil Jupitus and Ade Edmondson.Actualy I was never much of a fan of Phil Jupitus but two of the best tracks on the album are his numbers in fact.The best one of which is a kind of Old Shep type parody number about a ghost dog.Hilarious..There`s also a piss-take of Gary Numan (My Friend`s Outside) A cover version of I Predict A Riot (which features an actual riot) Vernon Dudley Bohay Nowell singing Scarlet Ribbons.The usual 30`s pop trad-jazz tap dancing spoon playing nonsense,and some fine Neil Innes songs thrown into the mix.28 tracks and a free dvd with some live classics and interviews etc.. Good stuff!

Bonzo Dog Band Let`s Kill All The Beautiful People

Bonzo Dog Band Old Tige
Profile PM 
Ghostmojo Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2010, 17:55

Haven't been on this forum in an age. Don't know why. Well I do actually - just busy and so on ... however, I would like to belatedly pass on my season's greetings to one and all:

--------------
" ... if you feel a little glum - to Hergest Ridge you should come ... "
Profile PM 
36 replies since Dec. 15 2009, 15:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net