Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Memories of Brazil, For Tati if she gets homesick< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 09:21

So Tati is moving to England soon! In case she gets homesick how about some reminders of Brazil for her?

I found a nice one here  ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 13:52

That was great,Matt :D

Well,there are a lot of things from my country that I will miss a lot. I'd like to share a pic of a bridge which is near where I live,I like its style at night:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octavio_Frias_de_Oliveira_bridge

But I won't miss being stuck in such a thing like this,it's part of living in Sao Paulo:

http://area3.updateordie.com/files/2009/07/transito1.jpg

Believe me,sometimes we have more than 200km of traffic jams around the city...cool,isn't it?

:laugh:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 16:04

where abouts in England Tati?  
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 20:16

Quote (captainjjb @ Oct. 01 2009, 17:04)
where abouts in England Tati?  please not Birmingham!

Colchester,Essex.

I'm a Uni of Essex fresher 09/10,MSc Biotechnology.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2009, 02:37

wow, that sounds fantastic - you'll have a great time.... and welcome!

I edited the Birmingham  quote coz it was a silly comment... it's just that I spend a few hours a week trying to get past it on the M6/M5 junction, so I hate it!
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 06:59

I'm travelling to England later at night today...soo excited here!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 07:19

Tati - glad you got your box in the nick of time  :)

Safe trip - and bring some warm clothes and waterproofs. We had a mild September but has now turned chillier and windy with rainy spells. We get a lot of weather and we like to talk about it a lot.

Enjoy   :).

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 08:59

Quote (wiga @ Oct. 03 2009, 08:19)
Tati - glad you got your box in the nick of time  :)

Safe trip - and bring some warm clothes and waterproofs. We had a mild September but has now turned chillier and windy with rainy spells. We get a lot of weather and we like to talk about it a lot.

Enjoy   :).

Warm clothes and waterproof stuff are on my luggage.It's something thathave been part of my clothing stuff since I was born,since the weather here in Sao Paulo is bizarre,you can have sunny moments,then a torrential rain,and cold in just one day   :laugh:

It's going to be my third time there,and on the previous ones I went during winter,so I know what is like  ;)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 10:20

Congrats on the Olympics! Maybe you'll be back for that? (Or, your rellies can said you the memorabilia! ) !! :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 17:40

I guess you'll be just a few hours away from some of us when you get to read this Tati - I hope the flight was good.

But what better time to hold a small Oldfield meet? Colchester isn't that bad a place. I grew up there and there's a few nice bars around Wivenhoe

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2009, 01:25

Kinda wish I was going too. Somehow I always felt I would have been happy in England. The vast majority of my heroes come from there(I think it's in my DNA). Mostly music, but actors as well. I never really got into the humor or TV there tho. "All Creatures Great and Small" I enjoyed a lot since I read the James Herriot books and the show characterized everyone very well. And then there's the beer, the pubs, the women..... I wonder how a transplanted American would fit in, in London say. They sure loved Jimi Hendix when Chas Chandler took him there in 1967. Oh well, I'll never know as I can't fly.
Have fun Tati. Maybe I'll check out Brazil. I can get there on foot.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2009, 05:55

Congrats on your study and move to Essex Tati, when do you start, mid october i'm guessing?
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 05 2009, 10:49

Hello back,and now settled down in England,yippie \o/

My trip was fine,even after spending almost 11 hours inside an airplane,and then waiting for my transfer to Essex Uni.

My room at the Uni desperately needs tons of blu-tac to fix my MO posters on the wall  :laugh:

At the moment,I'm in London doing a few things,and then on Wednesday I'm going to have proper internet connection in my room,so things would be much easier for me to attend an Oldfield fan meeting around!

...and I can't wait to drive the other way round,my driver's license from Brazil is fine to use here,soo...

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2009, 10:55

Hey Tati! Glad to see you had a safe trip.

Driving around... Hmmm, do you already have a list of MO related trips planned? Hergest Ridge and Old Down country park maybe :)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2009, 11:39

Well, while I was contemplating the outcome of your trip I got on Facebook. Found this place called Yoville. I've been hustling people on the street at rock/paper/scissors. I hustled enough passers-by to buy a blue chair to put by my bed. Kewl huh? I didn't think so. Well, have fun.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 08 2009, 06:54

Quote (Matt @ Oct. 05 2009, 11:55)
Hey Tati! Glad to see you had a safe trip.

Driving around... Hmmm, do you already have a list of MO related trips planned? Hergest Ridge and Old Down country park maybe :)

Every time I'll take the train from Colchester to London,it does pass by Harold Wood and it stops at Liverpool Street station...does it remind of something?

I'll try to travel to Reading this weekend,I'd better wait for summer to visit Hergest Ridge and Old Down Country Park  :D

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2009, 20:13

Good luck at Uni doining your MSc. You have worked hard to get to Masters! Biotechnology! Bet you design a gene project that cures disease! You go girl. Deb
Profile PM 
16 replies since Oct. 01 2009, 09:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net