Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (24) < ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Members Photographs., Introduce yourself with a photograph.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 06 2009, 17:25

for a laugh heres a conveniently bad passport pic of me. whats even funnier is its got the number still on the pic from where I uploaded it!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2009, 21:34

To celebrate my brand new tubular black tee...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 18:42

Cheers! Tati. Nice pint!

The t-shirt is cool too. Plenty more to be had at the Uni bar in Colchester.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2009, 04:45

I'm abstaining from drinking tonight, gonna take Eddy in at 7AM to get groomed(3 hours away). Oh I want one of those! Guess I'll have to get the nitro cans.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2009, 11:43

Quote (olracUK @ Aug. 10 2009, 19:42)
Cheers! Tati. Nice pint!

The t-shirt is cool too. Plenty more to be had at the Uni bar in Colchester.

One pint of Guinness is perfect for me,more pints are going to lead me to  :zzz:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2009, 00:20

I'm very susceptable to suggestion, so I bought this:

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 13 2009, 18:53

Miller, yikes!!!! When my bf visited in March, he felt obliged to drink American beer, so he went with Budweiser (poor guy). This last trip, he upgraded to Samuel Adams, which wasn't all that bad. I don't drink much beer, but when I do, it tends to be imported. Actually, I have Blue Moon wheat ale in the frig atm--which has been in my house long before it made an appearance at the White House. :)  Haven't ever acquired a taste for Guinness, though.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 01:52

I think Guinness is an aquired taste, I prefer the golden or brown, ok covers up to a ruby red style ale, rather than the "Porter" or black beer style, like Guinness is.  

American Beer???? :O , Nah can't beat a good old English Ale :D .  OH yes when I was about 18 I used to like to be American or probably fake "American" , oh yes I used to drink Budweiser, don't know how.  Yes I know my Dad 1944-2005 agreed with you M-C, about Bud.  I wanted to be American, yes I was into the cowboy or girl boots in my case, drainpipe denims, stetson type hats, and more scarves than Steven Tyler could tie around his mike stand.  I used to listen to alot of American metal,   Guns N Roses, Aerosmith , (but also waving the flag for the Brits). I heard GnR "Appetite For Distruction 12 years or so ago, and thought what did I see in this????   :O . I've still got my LP, but possibly only for the collection, as it's got the later banned  "post rape" cover, might get around to putting it on e-bay one day.

I think so many English want to be American, and visa versa, well we all have the same roots, just one great big pond separates us.  No but I'm proud of my English heritage.  Oh yes a few years ago I was at a  blood donor session, and I had an American woman make a most wonderful up of tea,  despite what this song says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azrPr7O0pfY, voals by the legendary Cream  drummer Ginger Baker.

Oh this seems to be a thread about favourite drinks a recent discovery of mine is this .

Details here ,http://www.buntingford-brewery.co.uk/bottles.htm oh yes I've one unopened bottle in my bedroom, it's up on a shelf with a print of "Middsummer's Eve" and also two limited edition Freddie Mercury plates, which my boyfriend bought me for my birthday 2 years ago, (as I had to put them out of reach of my kitty, as she realised she could leap onto the drawers, and maybe one day she'd have knocked the plates flying).  Oh yes this ale uses  American Amarillo hops to give it a fruityness, just right not to sweet or sharp.   Oh yes the money raised from sales of "92 Squadron" Ale, help go to restore the "Battle of Britain" class locomotive with the same name, more on her here http://www.buntingford-brewery.co.uk/bottles.htm

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2009, 16:29

I like my vodka or a glass of sweet red, never dry white! Eurgh!
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 19 2009, 04:20

Young Matt below. Yes I am still that cool, stylish and fashion conscious  ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2009, 14:53

:laugh:  Arrr! How cute!  You look a bit surprised tho!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2009, 02:58

@Moonchildhippy.Never tried that.English ale all the way though (yes i started drinking again but i've become a beer snob rather than a beer monster!;).Probably my favourite ale is Hobgobblin from Wychwood brewery just up the road.Very dark,and strong,ale but a really good one.Took a good few bottles of various ales to the Cropredy festival.Ever tried honey beer?Waggledance is a good one as is Humdinger.
 The only time i'll touch anything other than English ale is when there's nothing else and Bud as a last resort or if i'm being polite.
  My other favourite is mead.There's a million types but the best is either Lindisfarne or a scottish one the name of which escapes me,but it comes in a small squarish bottle.Heavy mead is the best but it's very sweet.A bit like honey and lemon cough mixture but much nicer.Again very strong! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2009, 18:03

OH yes i'm with you, when it comes to booze,  I'm thinking about how when I was 18 I used to drink Bud most of the time, or sometimes Newcastle Brown. I know 3.5% lager goes through me, and I usually drink it to be polite.  I know my "local" a few years ago, I only really used to go in there as that was the only pub with wheelchair access, (that was for  my husband), anyway the pub was modern 80's , and it didn't have a cellar. I didn't like the ale in there, so I used to opt for kronenborg. I knoe my Dad had a pint of ale in there once and he said that it tasted like soapy washing up water.  
Oh yes Lindisfarne Mead, WHYAYYYYMAAAAN!!!!! I did have the odd bottle myself, I know if my then inlaws or is it outlaws, went up there I'd give them some cash to buy a festive stash of them.  Lindisfarne Mead is available online. http://www.lindisfarne-mead.co.uk/Shop....ction=2

I also enjoy a real cider I remember coming back from Herefordshire with some "Black Fox cider      :) http://www.dunkertons.co.uk/blackfox.html

I know there's a legend of a Black Dog possibly fox connected to Hergest Ridge   :O .  I know ive a black dog who likes me, I often wound my fella up about having a big black male all over me, I then said he has 4 paws and a tail and loves squeaky toys and bones. Yes my friend has a huge great Labrador, the only thing he's about 4 years old , and thinks he's still a puppy, I keep telling him he isn't a lap dog.

Oh yes about the beer I agree quality is better than quantity, maybe I'm a beer "snob" too.  I don't  drink very much these days, I didn't have a pint on my birthday as i was on water tablets, and they gave me the runs. I did have a pint the following day, and my next "pint" (metrification again get 500ml bottles yet there's 568 of them in a pint  :O) was saturday last week, so that's 4 weeks or so apart.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2009, 12:52

Bugger metrifcation.If it comes in pints then call it a pint (cue Fellowship Of The Rings moment "they sell it in PINTS?!").
I heard the legend of the Black Dog.According to the legend it should have been set free in the mid 70's and is supposed to roam the halls of Hergest Court.
Amazing what you learn from an autobiography!

Ever had Hook Norton ale?Brewed a few miles from here.Hooky Best or Haymaker are really good.Look out for the latter though.Damn strong but easy drinking on a hot summer beer garden afternoon. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2009, 14:29

My beautiful babies

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2009, 14:32

The Ferret Whisperer

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: May 02 2010, 16:34

Someone said I look gothic here, not the intention though :)
Profile PM 
Herod Offline

Posted: May 02 2010, 18:41

And here's me too! I'm not always THAT serious... ;)

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 19 2010, 02:28

post removed.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 19 2010, 07:32

Quote (Jesse @ May 02 2010, 16:34)
Someone said I look gothic here, not the intention though :)

You look as though you won't stand for any nonsense, Jesse!  :D
Profile PM 
479 replies since Sep. 05 2005, 23:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (24) < ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net