Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (24) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Members Photographs., Introduce yourself with a photograph.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
amazarak Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 11 2006, 13:46

Quote (Ray @ Mar. 10 2006, 18:30)
Finaly found a picture small enough.  Me last Birthday playing git, with Wee Toran (Son2) playing near by.

Wow, cool guitar ...
And cool Wee Toran :)

cheers
amazarak

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2006, 04:54

WOW, there has been some activity in here, that's great to see.

@BTH, you're not Brian Hible are you? Great Pic. Yeh the moderators have to censor the pictures first so it can take a day or so.

@Sysiyo, what are you holding in that first pic? I like the 3rd pic the best, it bugs me when guys with long hair tie it back. I wonder if Mike ever did that, never saw a picture of it. You grow that hair!!

@Ray, you remind me of Harry Nillson, are you a hippie?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2006, 05:08

I hope Bryan doesn't mind me showing his TB painting. I see BTH is Brian, so not the same Brian, sorry.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2006, 05:12

Quote (TubularBelle @ Mar. 14 2006, 10:54)
@Sysiyo, what are you holding in that first pic?

Seems like a lightsaber to me :)
No doubt, it's something tubular...

@TubularBelle - I like Your new avatar ;)

amazarak

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2006, 22:20

Thankyou, TubularMan created it for me.

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2006, 06:17

Quote (Jammer @ Feb. 24 2006, 17:22)
Quote (TubularBelle @ Feb. 24 2006, 01:49)
Hi Jammer, yes I do remember seeing that photo of you on Tim's site, I don't go in there anymore.

It seems to have been taken down now, otherwise I would have linked straight to it.

Quote (hiawatha @ Feb. 23 2006, 18:11)
Looks a lot like the shores of Gitche-Gumme.

You couldn't ride a birch canoe with paddles in that sea :)

I'm pretty convinced that the bit of coastline further up was used in Mike's video to 'Northpoint' as a background.

I thought that was Norway!!  In fact I think I read that somewhere.  Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2006, 06:28

Quote (TubularBelle @ Mar. 14 2006, 09:54)
WOW, there has been some activity in here, that's great to see.

@BTH, you're not Brian Hible are you? Great Pic. Yeh the moderators have to censor the pictures first so it can take a day or so.

@Sysiyo, what are you holding in that first pic? I like the 3rd pic the best, it bugs me when guys with long hair tie it back. I wonder if Mike ever did that, never saw a picture of it. You grow that hair!!

@Ray, you remind me of Harry Nillson, are you a hippie?

Hi pingu!!  Hippy??  err probably either to old or not old enough.  But I go through phases of hair long & short, shaven & not, today is shaven and short - last month was long and hairy (er.. so to speak).  And who's Harry Nillson, not the Nillson - of that one hit i cant remember just now?  I drive a landrover - does that make me a hippy???

yes - Guitar is nice to play - Toran likes it too!!!  But he's got teeth now so he'll have to stop chewing on it.  (Hee Hee).

picture of me tring to leave my house to go to work!!  Say ant home and play guitar - that what I say... :cool:

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2006, 18:37

Oh My God Ray, cool picture, my partner is into 4wdriving we have some great kicking up the sand pictures. Just got back from a 3 day Long Weekend camping, (a horse called Tubular Bells ran in the Adelaide Cup and came second! ) and our 'Tommy' the Toyota circa around 83 I think, it's a B40 if that means anything, fared better than the newer 4wd's except for the $70,000 Nissan Patrol, that could climb glass.

Anyway Harry Nilsson had MANY hits, his most well known might be 'One' a huge hit in Australia with John Farnham or my favourite 'Without You'. He had an incredible octave. I guess you must be 30 or under, that would explain it. (died about 10 years ago) Others include 'Everybodys talkin', 'Many rivers to cross', 'Mr Bojangles', 'Me and my arrow'.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 05:43

Quote (TubularBelle @ Mar. 15 2006, 23:37)
Oh My God Ray, cool picture, my partner is into 4wdriving we have some great kicking up the sand pictures. Just got back from a 3 day Long Weekend camping, (a horse called Tubular Bells ran in the Adelaide Cup and came second! ) and our 'Tommy' the Toyota circa around 83 I think, it's a B40 if that means anything, fared better than the newer 4wd's except for the $70,000 Nissan Patrol, that could climb glass.

Anyway Harry Nilsson had MANY hits, his most well known might be 'One' a huge hit in Australia with John Farnham or my favourite 'Without You'. He had an incredible octave. I guess you must be 30 or under, that would explain it. (died about 10 years ago) Others include 'Everybodys talkin', 'Many rivers to cross', 'Mr Bojangles', 'Me and my arrow'.

No - almost the same age (43) as you, I was only joking....The one hit he had here (UK - Scotland) was "Without You".

The picture is actualy me trying to take Fin to school - we gave up after about 4hrs.  It was 4days until the plough opened the main road - about a mile from the house.

I've done quite alot of competetive offroad driving in Snow and Desert.  Also holiday expeditions in Iceland - Now we need to club together and buy Mike a ticket to Iceland (although I think he will have been ther already) but as a background visit for creating his next album it would probably invoke some incedible sounds.

We tend to drive landrovers!! I've got a Camel 110, a 90 and 2 series 3's but also have a Toyota LC for Jonelle (Wifey).  The toyota climbs trees!!!!     Yo     Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 08:43

Quote (amazarak @ Mar. 14 2006, 12:12)
Quote (TubularBelle @ Mar. 14 2006, 10:54)
@Sysiyo, what are you holding in that first pic?

Seems like a lightsaber to me :)
No doubt, it's something tubular...

It's the tube of my hoover. That picture (and a bunch of others) were inspired by a photo-shoot Gary Numan did around 1980 for the Telekon album (here's an example of the originals).
Profile PM WEB 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 14:52

Here's a photo of me from two years ago - I'm growing the hair again though, so it's not a bad likeness!

http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/904fc5a7fb.jpg

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 14:55

It don't work...  :/

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 14:59

Am having real difficulties working out how this adding images to your posts business works - anyone give me any tips?

tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 15:03

One last try and then I'm giving up...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 15:39

Tony,   the best thing to do is to make the picture less then 102400 bytes then find it with the brows box just below this text entry screen you type in when you write to the forum.  

Because you are adding a picture and to protect everyone one of the admin chaps will look at it to make sure you're not too ugly (Hee Hee) - or the picture doesnt contrain something we dont want to see etc.,  It will appear some time later - so expect a few hrs delay.

Cheers  Ray  - and remember - No bowing needed  ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2006, 02:43

Tony, you're a spunk, grow your hair a little longer and we have another Mike. Too many long haired men on this site, I'm starting to feel very deprived!

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 17 2006, 05:44

Quote (TubularBelle @ Mar. 17 2006, 02:43)
grow your hair a little longer and we have anothet Mike.

Oops! Too late Belle - I already did! (Its quite an old photograph)

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2006, 17:51

G'day. Wanted to show you a larger picture of my excellent avatar that TubularMan designed for me.

Got a 10"X12" photo copied from Bryan Hibles Ommadawn Painting. I wanted to see how detailed a painting would look that size in case I order one for myself but of course photographing a larger portrait and reducing it gives a lot more detail, DOH! Looks fabulous framed on my wall!!  

@Lee, could you tell me the dimensions of your Ommadawn Painting please. If it was twice that size which I imagine it was, and you have two of them, they were VERY generous gifts from your girlfriend. Hope you bought her a diamond ring as a thank you! :p

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: April 15 2006, 09:30

hi Tracy,
           sorry for the late reply not got broadband at my new place yet so got to use the folks, which is technically still mine, ah well, anyway i will get the dimensions for you soon promise! hope all is well.

regards

lee

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: April 15 2006, 11:05

Quote (TubularBelle @ Mar. 22 2006, 23:51)
G'day. Wanted to show you a larger picture of my excellent avatar that TubularMan designed for me.

Wow
It really *rocks* :O :O

amazarak

--------------
Profile PM 
479 replies since Sep. 05 2005, 23:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (24) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net