Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (24) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Members Photographs., Introduce yourself with a photograph.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
moonchildhippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 24 2006, 18:59

This pic would make a fantastic portrait to hang in my lounge too  :)  :D .

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2006, 23:01

Geez Hiawatha, those pictures are freaky!!! With that face Mike is pulling it looks like I have just pinched him on the arse or stuck a banana up his butt!!

Galadriel, you stole MY portrait.  Am going to ask my sister to do a pencil sketch of it instead as it will be quicker and will look really good in black and white. She owes me a favour. And I will photocopy it and send it to you, okay, so pm me your new address. She is just as good an artist, remember her artwork I posted, which included a pencil sketch of Mike. Congratulations on getting the job. I have been VERY lazy, but WILL try harder.

Lee, where's that pic you promised to show us? And when you are finished with your girlfriend, will she go out with me (ps. don't tell her I'm a female, it will be a surprise)

Are Mikes eyes blue or green?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2006, 06:15

Thanks moonchild, she is super special, too much love to give, its amazing, pics will be coming soon, god i sound like a film trailer...............Cooming soon to a tubular.net near you................The Painting (imagine gruff gravely voice macho man speaking the words)

TubularBelle, im sure it would be a suprise, but fun to see the look on her face! best of all is that she is getting into mike also!, If you are refering to the pic of my son i did post them, they are hanging about around here somewhere, if you mean the pics of the paintings i am working on it, they are stored at my girlfriends at the mo as i have no space here, but we are moving in together soon, but in the mean time i will get her to take some pics and send them to me so i can post them

Hiawatha, cool pics made me chuckle loads  :D

take care peeps

lee

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2006, 06:35

Quote (TubularBelle @ Feb. 25 2006, 04:01)
Galadriel, you stole MY portrait.  Am going to ask my sister to do a pencil sketch of it instead as it will be quicker and will look really good in black and white. She owes me a favour. And I will photocopy it and send it to you, okay, so pm me your new address. She is just as good an artist, remember her artwork I posted, which included a pencil sketch of Mike. Congratulations on getting the job. I have been VERY lazy, but WILL try harder.

Oh no better call the police then, I'd hate to think there's a theif among us :O .

Thanks Tracy for the offer yes please
:D .

Well any portrait of Mike circa Ommadawn would be fantastic, I thought a B&W photo would be easier to draw/paint than a colour one, I dolike this one of Mike with his eyes closed, so beautiful, gorgeous,so alluring   :) .

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2006, 16:01

ok peeps here are the painting pics, i like them very much!  :D

TBIII

Ommadawn

TBII & Ommadawn

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2006, 16:43

Great paintings, I really like that Ommadawn one, so serene and distant. The painting adds a depth not seen in a photo.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2006, 17:37

Oh my GOD Lee, they are incredible, esp the Ommadawn painting, hopefully when I show that to my brother it will inspire him to have a go at it, and soon! Is the black and white picture I like (above) taken from the same photo session you think, he seems to have longer hair in that one. Also I found it on a TB song book which I am assuming was released before Ommadawn, but I didn't get the book until 1976 (secondhand) so I don't know how old it was and I don't have it anymore, wonder where that got to?

Is there any chance you could email me the original size photo of that painting so I can get a poster made out of it, would you mind? You can ask the artist first if you like, is it a male or female artist? Don't know why it matters, just curious. They have really captured Mikes essence in that painting, fantastic work and thank you so much for sharing with us, you are very lucky to have these, esp if they were a gift from your partner.
How much does he/she charge to do a painting like that? Not that I am going to order one from Australia but I know someone in England who certainly would, looks like my brother is out of a job. I am SOOOOOOOOO envious!!!!!(tubulartracy@hotmail.com)

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2006, 18:09

Quote (bugular tell @ Feb. 28 2006, 21:01)
ok peeps here are the painting pics, i like them very much!  :D

TBIII

Ommadawn

TBII & Ommadawn

I like them very much too, WOW FANTASTIC :), so lifelike, more so  than the LP sleeve.  
:)

Re the artist I'm wondering if he/she will undertake commissions, if so how much would he/she charge.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2006, 15:08

thanks for the comments, they are stunning paintings -

Tracy, I think the pictures are the same size i can still send them to you if you like, not sure on prices as they were both gifts so id feel cheeky to ask, i do know that the artist puts his work on Ebay from time to time so he gains some recognition, his name is Bryan hible.

Bugger, just realised i have answered moonchilds question under your name sorry, but im sure he would be glad to do a commision.

:D

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2006, 14:46

Anyone intersested in contacting the artist can do so via this email address - bryanhible@hotmail.com.

cheers

lee  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2006, 21:22

Hi Lee,

Just tried to send an email to Bryan and it kept saying to me, 'no matches found' and would not let me send it. Are you sure that address is correct? Cheers.

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2006, 12:53

yes definatly the right addy, just checked the email he sent me, thats odd it didnt send, have you tried to send it through hotmail instead of outlook? that might work, if not i dont know what to suggest  :/

--------------
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2006, 16:25

Quote (TubularBelle @ Feb. 24 2006, 23:01)
Geez Hiawatha, those pictures are freaky!!! With that face Mike is pulling it looks like I have just pinched him on the arse or stuck a banana up his butt!!

Just let me know if you need a life-sized Mike face for your partner to wear at all times!

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2006, 22:27

@ Lee, I googled Bryans name and found some of his other artwork, all fantastic but your Mike Portrait is a stand out. He quoted me 100 pounds for a 10" X 12" portrait, but I think I would want to go at least twice that size. Your Portrait looks a lot bigger, can you tell me the measurements? Don't worry about sending me the pics if they are the same size. I can't see how he could get that incredible detail in such a small portrait. Of course the Postage cost will go up dramatically but thats the price you have to pay! He seems like a very nice man, thanks for the connection, much appreciated. My brother and sister, both artists, were very impressed with his work too. He sent me a picture of an original TB album cover he has done as well. He certainly has an eye for detail.

@ Hiawatha, Tati kindly sent me some more pics of Mike and Fanny, would you like to have a go at them?

--------------
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 17:12

Hi everyone, this is me...

Bout time I intorduced myself properly!
Brian, 26, from Northern Ireland originally but based in the wonderful city of Galway on the west coast for the past 4 years (great place for trad music!;). Im studying to finish my architectural qualifications in Dublin at the moment and finding it really tough - Listening to Mike's music really helps me through though!
This place is such a distraction at times though! So many interesting and nice people...
Anyway, back to work!
B

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 17:15

Does it take a while for posts with photos to appear or something?

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 17:36

I guess I have no choice but to torment you with pictures of myself. So here goes:

I
II
III
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2006, 04:31

Get a haircut boy!  :laugh:

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2006, 12:30

Finaly found a picture small enough.  Me last Birthday playing git, with Wee Toran (Son2) playing near by.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2006, 10:19

Quote (oblique @ Mar. 10 2006, 11:31)
Get a haircut boy!  :laugh:

Actually, it used to be about twice as long as it is on those pics. I'm trying to grow it back to that.
Profile PM WEB 
479 replies since Sep. 05 2005, 23:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (24) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net