Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (24) < ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Members Photographs., Introduce yourself with a photograph.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
moonchildhippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 27 2008, 17:49

Quote (Dirk Star @ Aug. 13 2008, 07:53)
Quote (bee @ Aug. 12 2008, 19:57)
[quote=Dirk Star,Aug. 12 2008, 03:45]
:)

Well when I clicked on that link Galadriel I got a 120 decibal horn blast and then the theme tune from Ivor The Engine.Maybe I`m so stressed out I`m imagining things???..Anyway as a kid I used to be something of a train spotter myself back in the 70`s.I lived in the north west for a while back then kind of in-between Liverpool and Manchester.So it was a bit of a locomtive hotbed in it`s own way.I could only have been about 11/12 years old but there was a whole gang of us back then who used to think it was nothing to go off on a train and spend the day at Manchester station or something.You know I`m not even sure if my own mother knew where I was half the time?Makes me shudder to think in comparison to the way we are with our own kids now.They`ve almost got to get written permission to leave the house.And even then they`ve got to be all "mobiled up" and everything.Anyway Deltics were always my favourites back then I must admit.And then it was kind of Big D`s and Sulzers.Oh God I can remember us shouting those names out loud when we`d see them.."Delly".."Big D".."Sully".."Leccy" (electric train)..And then the obligatory "Awww it`s only a mully"...Multiple-Unit.. :p Ha Ha what a sad bunch we were.Really happy days though,and I loved the trains the whole station atmosphere and everything.Great stuff.

I agree about kids these days, the ones who need permission to leave the house, or shouldn't be allowed out without supervision always get out, and the good kids well behave themselves, well I know part of being a kid is/was to break or at least try to bend rules.  I've had aggro from teenage chavs along with other neighbours, but nothing seems to get done about them, and it seems the parents couldn't give two hoots.

The railway thing I got from my Dad, I can  basic knit, and sew, but I  can cook really well, well usually (my boyfriend says I'm a good cook) , but traditional girlie things didn't interest me. I do enjoy cooking occaisionally, but gets a bit of a drag having to do it for myself virtually every day.  Still I get my car fixed free of charge, by my wonderful boyfriend, I'm out there wanting to have a go or at least observe what he's doing.  Anyway servicing my car, petroleum jelly helps prevent the battery terminals getting wet. He serviced my car, and I was joining in, anyway about the jelly, I was putting a little bit on the battery terminals and he said "Not  like that, slap it on woman" lol!!! taking a big dollop of it, and applying it to the battery terminals.
    I think one year an Aunt and Uncle bought me a tapestry set for Christmas, I was 13 I think, their daughter, was probably into that so I think my Aunt thought I would be, but I would much rather build models, or take an engine apart, and try and put it back together       :cool: , or play drums. I could be girlie when I wanted to.

I agree you can't beat the ROAR of a Deltic engine :cool: . It was when the Deltics were withdrawn/scrapped, that I looked at my Dad's "Rail Enthusiast" magazine, so began my love affair with Deltics :cool: . I think I was gutted as at about this time I had gone with my parents and brother to watch trains on the East Coast Mainline, I think my Mum was dragged along, anyway nature took it's course it had been all HSTs and DMUs so far, and as I'd gone with my mum and brother in search of a public convinience, my Dad photographed a Deltic, no 55 004 " Queen's Own Highlander" . I was gutted as she was one that didn't make it into presevation, and I didn't get to see her.  
I can name all 22 Deltics of the top of my head, am I sad  :/

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2008, 18:11

Ratty! That picture of you and your girls is so lovely. It's relaxed and happy and has a really nice feel about it, thank you for sharing such an obviously happy time.  :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2008, 18:59

Quote (Ratty @ Aug. 27 2008, 14:59)
Hi, heres me and my daughters Katie and Grace.

Nice to see you Ratty, and your beautiful daughters   :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
warlock Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2008, 19:47

This one has year or two but whatever, it's still quite up to date ;)

I'm the guy, and just to be clear, the girl from the right ain't my girlfriend, she's just much, much younger cousin (damn that still sounds weird :D)

--------------
cheers from Poland.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2008, 19:15

:) i'm always surprised when i see some young people here loving the music of Mike  . Of course it's a really good thing ! I only hope that of listening his music will help them to change our poor World
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2008, 21:21

Tricks of the Chemistry!

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 12:19

I like that one, Tati. Even if you look way too happy to be in a classroom! But maybe that's my less-than-fond school memories speaking? You are a teacher, right?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 17:14

Tati - as a chemistry post-grad, do you spend much time crystal gazing?  :p

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 23:00

Tati, that's a nice picture.

What is crystal gazing? Yes, I don't know.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 07:02

Yep,I'm a teacher...and there are some students who know and like MO's music  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 12:26

;) Hey , since how much time are you a teacher ? Not much i guess ! We should to congratulate you . So congratulations  Tati !
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 12:37

Quote (Harmono @ Nov. 08 2008, 05:00)
Tati, that's a nice picture.

What is crystal gazing? Yes, I don't know.

This is :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 16:18

Of course! I should have known that.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 17:43

or.. Crystal gazing could be this?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 19:37

I know it's a bit late for this ... this topic is alredy to its seventeenth page, but, lazy as I am, I finally got around to subscribing to Photobucket and uploading a couple of pics of me and my cat in there... two of the pics of me I've got which are only just a little bit ugly. :D Here's one:

By the way, the cat is a she, and her name is Vicki (with no Y).

@ Tati: let's shake hands, we're colleagues. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2008, 01:09

It's a pleasure to see you, Ugo. Plus, I'm always up for cat pics. BTW, your blanket looks so comfy-cozy!

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 09 2008, 05:51

Ugo, do you live in a secret base at the bottom of a volcano? ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2008, 08:51

@ Sweetpea: the blanket's not really mine - it's Vicki's. :)

@ Matt:  :laugh: The photo was taken in the house I and my mom have, in her little hometown in the mountains. I'm sitting on an armchair in a tight space between a fireplace on my left and a doorway to another room on my right. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2008, 17:41

My son and me. What? Yeah, that's what we dress like around here.  ;)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2008, 14:13

Piltown Boy on horsback 23 and sonilink!

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
479 replies since Sep. 05 2005, 23:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (24) < ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net