Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MB cover (with text and typography) reviews< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
pielawa Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 01 1999, 02:13

As anyone is of course discussing the music on MB (my opinion after now nearly 15 listenings: 2/10), I'd like to give my opinion as well about the cover design. The overall stale taste of MB fits together with a more than uninspired design of the cover: seems to me as if a new Photoshop user tried to make use of lots of images, filters and layers. The result is a childish image with nearly no reference to the music at all. Why put a Tubular Bell on it, when there is just one simple clang (in the worst track from MO ever? Why even call it the Millennium Bell?...
The carelessly typography adds a more unprofessional touch. This could have been done by any computer user in the world. And the text, though he tries to explain the deeper meaning of each track, still leaves a press release touch, which seems unnecessary to me on an album by such a major artist. Why are there no lyrics from the tracks, such as "Sunshine..."?
No, Blue Cactus: nice try, but don't try again. This could have been better by far.
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 01 1999, 06:22

... not to mention that they mis-spelled his daughter's name.
And if Mike really thinks this is his most important album of the last time, why didn't he write the explanations himself ?

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 06 1999, 03:24

Without printing Oldfields name on the cover, everybody knows immediately who is responsible for tracks on the CD. Stop talking about the cover, enjoy the excellent music and listen the musical snapshot of our world.
anv
Jammer Offline

Posted: July 24 2000, 20:18

Maybe it was because they wanted people to see the picture without too much text over it

The same goes with the Oasis album Be Here Now, but the cover of that is much better
Profile PM 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2000, 16:30

I've dis-cover-ed something: smile
The CD suddenly has a much better cover if you just bend back the first page of the leaflet! biggrin
Profile PM WEB 
Delfín Offline

Posted: May 15 2001, 07:37

Haha!!!

I´ll do it, Archie!! biggrin

Delfín

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
5 replies since Dec. 01 1999, 02:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net