Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Martin Lindhe< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bibimimi Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 22 2002, 13:52

Have any of you heard of or heard of Martin Lindhe of Bassic? I've been thru all of his current mp3's and its either a loving tribute or an amazing emulation. The song "Bassically" even has what sounds alot like Mike's git, among other direct references to his works and experiences.They even kind of look alike! No offense to Mr Lindhe if this wasn't his intention. Any MO afficianado should truly check him out. www.mp3.com. He's in their top 40 right now.
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 22 2002, 21:14

Wow - I'm amazed. I'm so pleased that someone else is appreciating Bassic's music!! My favourite tracks are 'Seduction' and 'Tranquility Bass (part one)'

Enjoy fellow surfers!!

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
bibimimi Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: May 13 2002, 17:10

I am taking to opportunity to check myself. Lo, these months of continued exposure to Bassic and the works of Martin Lindhe lead me to the conclusion it was maddening to compare him to Oldfield. His work stands on its own as quite remarkable. He's humble and sincere and this comes thru in his music. He sights Oldfield among MANY influences.They says electronic music lacks emotion. Pbleah!! Pardon my previous simplistic prattling.
Profile PM 
Shingebis Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 09:51

If you like Bassic I'd recommend Purple Motion - listening over both of them, I reckon there's certain similarities. Purple Motion has an area on mp3.com with a really impressive range of styles, but his older work is definitely worth checking out. In particular, 'Basically' reminds me a lot of PM's track 'Starshine'.
Profile PM 
tbasco Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2002, 13:45

Hehe nice you've noticed.. Martin Lindhe is a nice guy. He's a former writer of the swedish version of the computer magazine MacWorld. He used to hang out on the swedish HL-community with the rest of us before he got married and moved to the US.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Mar. 22 2002, 13:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net