Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Martin Bartosik Version, I Gotta Ask!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
HRFanUSA Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2009, 21:26

Since I've joined the MO forum I've hardly read anything about the Martin Bartosik remastered version of Hergest Ridge. I recently downloaded it for free and was absolutely blown away when I burned it to a CD and played it on my stereo. In fact, this is what has rekindled my passion for MO, as HR is my favorite album, hence my tag - "Hergest Ridge Fan USA."

I've wondered if it's some kind of sin to mention this wonderful version as nobody seems to talk about it? My deepest respect goes to Martin for bringing a more than listenable version of the Original HR to eager fans around the world and I think he did a more than incredible job transferring it from vinyl. Here in the USA, the vinyl pressings were horrible, to say the least. I took me years to find a "quiet" copy and even then it doesn't come close to Martin's version.

Call me ignorant or stupid - but Martin's version brings back the emotion I felt in 1974 when HR was released. Until Mercury Records rereleases the Original HR, (Hopefully!!!;) I'm quite satisfied. It's the music that touches the soul, whether it's sonically perfect or not, in my most humble opinion. I don't know who you are, Martin, but I offer my deepest respect and regards for making me a very happy MO fan!!!

Harry
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 05 2009, 09:20

I've mentioned it on more than one occasion.  I, too, have an enormous amount of respect for the work Bartosik put into his version.  It must have taken more than a little patience and meticulous attention to detail.  It was clearly a labor of love.

And until the real one comes along...

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 04 2009, 21:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net