Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mark Knopfler's Guitar Hero, Going Home< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 16 2024, 06:46

I am sure many of you will have heard about this amazing release by Mark Knopfler, it's a supergroup of 60 amazing musicians re-recording Mark's wonderful instrumental film theme Going Home, has anyone else heard it? here it is:
https://youtu.be/kNKvoVMcslk?si=eKztizItPDiePBx1

It has the last recording from Jeff Beck at the start of it. I am a huge Mark Knopfler fan, so, I think this is really good, kudos goes to Guy Fletcher, Mark's right hand man for producing, engineering and mixing this. Apart from Mark and Beck, we have to name a few, Clapton, Gilmour, Joe Bonamassa, Brian May, Satriani, Slash, Vai, Sting..... But, alas no Mike Oldfield, Guy has said some people could not contribute for various reasons, I wonder if Mike was asked? this track is the kind of thing he would have recorded himself, plus he is a big fan of Mark.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 17 2024, 07:24

I'm not sure Mike has that kind of status as a guitarist anymore. He's not the kind of guitarist you hire to play someone else's music. He's developed to very distinct styles (the distorted, squealy legato and the pseudo-Hank Marvin) to fit his own music. I think only David Bedford managed to make him play in another context than his own.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Mar. 16 2024, 06:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net