Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mark Knopfler Plays Again!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 06:16

Mark Knopfler will be a very special guest with Bill Wyman and his Rythum Kings on November 12th at the Royal Albert Hall,London,it will be his first live apperance since his motobike accident that led him to cancel his world tour!!.As well as Bills great band,it will be a guitar treat,aswell as Mark,there will be Albert Lee and Martin Taylor,all three different players so it should be a great night,
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2003, 15:04

yes, it's good he's again "on the road" (hopefully on foot... :D)
along these months 'the ragpicker's dream' has been among my most listened albums cause i like so much the mood he's given to it. its folk flavour as well as the care he put in its playing and production and the stories told in the songs can make it timeless imo. even when i usually prefer instrumental music, the songs in this album have captivated me. i find some connection among them all, simple stories of normal people searching for their paths. i enjoy more than any other 'fare thee well northumberland', it's so nice that bluesish touch in it.  it's a highly enjoyable work that puts one in a pleasant mood.

sure the concert in london will be superb as he must be looking forward to be on stage again :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
DanishDonJuan Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2003, 03:48

That is great news :)  Mark Knopfler is together with Mike Oldfield my favorite music/composer. I hope that there's a chance he might make it to the U.S. so I can see him in concert here. I'm shure he's going to rock in London.

--------------
If every road we traveled were the easy, we would be weak, and would eventually think every road difficult.
If every road we traveled tough, we would be strong and eventually think no road to be difficult.

Its the tough road that leads to happiness.
A smooth sea never made a great sailor.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Nov. 03 2003, 06:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net