Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Margaret Thatcher's funeral service< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Cheery Cloth Ears Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 16 2013, 15:25

Is it just me or is there something very familiar about the first words on page 2 of Baroness Thatchers' funeral service?

Funeral Service
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 16 2013, 16:15

I don't know what is the more bizarre, that they are paraphrasing Amarok in the first words of the ceremony (I know I know, they probably don't realise) or that I read this post literally 10 seconds after the end of listening to Amarok for the first time in months and wondering of anyone had posted about the album connection!

Actually I had wondered if Amarok counts as a single since it is one track and could therefore beat "ding dong..." in the UK singles chart if we tried hard enough ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Cheery Cloth Ears Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 16 2013, 17:08

Quote (Matt @ April 16 2013, 16:15)
Actually I had wondered if Amarok counts as a single since it is one track and could therefore beat "ding dong..." in the UK singles chart if we tried hard enough ;)

Haha I'd have loved to have seen the editorial headaches Amarok would have caused the BBC if it had made number one...do they play the track in full? The last 15 minutes only? Richard Branson might not have been h-h-h-happy about the morse code message being played on national radio!  :D

Funnily enough though, only a week before she died I had a dream in which I was standing in an empty street at sundown when suddenly I heard the 'Endings are just beginnings' speech echoing eerily all around me; I looked up and saw Mrs T walking into the sunset in her famous blue suit, laughing softly to herself as she went, before vanishing out of sight....Oh Amarok, you wonder of an album!  :p
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 18 2013, 19:20

I can remember Kenny Everett saying her perfume was Killrust No 5...
Profile PM 
3 replies since April 16 2013, 15:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net