Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: "...man on the RUN", is this mike?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 28 2003, 16:07

I was listening to Moonlight Shadow and I noticed at 1.03 when Maggie sings ".. man on the run" I hear a male voice singing "Run". Is this Mike? I never noticed it before.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 28 2003, 16:18

Either Mike, or Barry Palmer, who sang on one of the (many) other demo versions of the song before Mike settled on the one sung by a very-close-to-the-microphone-and-at-a-very-low-volume Maggie Reilly. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 23 2003, 04:03

As far as I'm aware, Barry Palmer was only contacted by Mike with a view to him singing on the Crises tour - after the album was recorded. Their first session together was Crime Of Passion.

There are various bits of male backing vocals in the track, most notably those backing up the 'far away on the other side' bit. I can only assume that they're Mike, though Phil Spalding sings, so it could conceivably also be him.
Profile PM 
Mike Chadwick Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2003, 13:29

i always thought that that is Mike because i saw him on Backing Vocals Live during "Moonlight Shadow" (80's show)and in video he was singing too

--------------
kik-eze kik-eze
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 28 2003, 16:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net