Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Man In The Rain [Dance Floor Weirdo's Mix], Not much to say< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 22 2003, 14:29

This one is really weird cuz I did it quite a long time ago but well I thought I will share so here it is:

target="_blank">http://rebirth.nd4spdworld.com/staff....ain.mp3

COMMENTS ARE VERY APPRECIATED!

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: April 22 2003, 16:04

ALLRIGHT THEN! I'LL GIVE YOU COMMENTS!  ;)

It's clearly a track from your midi-period.  That's all I'm going to say about the sound.  :D  

I don't like the idea of using Man in the Rain in a dance remix as much as I liked it with Muse. Unlike Muse, there are some musical points getting lost here (a  problem I more often have with techno/trance/dance/etc remixes of well known tracks, but the audiance doesn't care about that, mostly it's only me).
I think it's because MITR is a vocal piece. Allthough in Mike's music the line between vocal melody's and instrumental melody's isn't as clear as with other artists, I feel that I'm missing certain melodical developments. To put it with a dysphemism: it sounds raped. And I think the broad audiance hasn't the same feel with the song as we, Oldfield fans, do, so that decreases the value of the melody also.

I'm being awefully negative here!  :O That's probably because it's hard and irritating to listen to now. I think if it was a 'muse-quality' track, the melody-issue wouldn't keep flashing through my head.

So, in general, maybe it would be a nice starting point for your more recent musical skills to remake it in a cool shape!

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: April 22 2003, 21:27

The kind of sound you were going for doesn't lack in the least. Though it DOES sound a little like 'cheap trance' sounds, I think you accomplished the kind of atmosphere you set out to make. But I don't think it fits very well for MITR. Good idea, but not for MITR :). Interesting nonetheless, though!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Armlann Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2003, 00:38

I enjoy your subtle effects, every great artist has to start out one way or another, and I think your doing a fine job! Can't beat a good techno remix ;)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: April 23 2003, 07:25

Thx to all at first :)

and then yeah it's a track from my midi-period Brandon, but I thought it has some interresting things inside and wanted to share :) and yeah cheap trance sound :) that's what I agree to for sure

Music: I think I will keep this in mind and will redo most of my songs in near future (don't know when though :-S) and thx...you are not negative...you are sincerelly that's what I apreciate most :)

Armlann: thanks :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Phil
Unregistered

Posted: May 30 2003, 16:26

Interesting mix, like the fact that its not trying to copy but your own version, sweet sounds and nice swishy FX, I liked it :)
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 30 2003, 17:04

;) now I don't know much what should I say :) THANKS PHIL!

--------------
Profile PM 
6 replies since April 22 2003, 14:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net