Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maggie's back to sing with MO @ Night of the Proms< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 25 2006, 13:00

As far I've read on oldfield.de + www.taurusiv.net, Maggie Reilly is confirmed to sing with Mike Oldfield @ Nokia Night of The Proms.

The news came direct from Dirk Hohmeyer(the guy who chose the tracks for The Complete MO compilation) who talked with www.oldfield.de about it :)

Just perfect!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Quicksilver Offline

Posted: June 25 2006, 15:14

Great, Mike and Maggie together again!  :D

Hope Maggie participates in MO's new album. She has a beautiful voice   ;)
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 25 2006, 17:10

No kidding? That's awesome news! And here's hoping that'll help him realise why synthetic singers are generally not very cool...

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: June 25 2006, 18:44

AAAAAAAAAAAMMMAZING
i'll be there  ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 25 2006, 19:33

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ June 25 2006, 19:10)
No kidding? That's awesome news! And here's hoping that'll help him realise why synthetic singers are generally not very cool...

...and all the stress from the past has just passed and let them work together again,not only @ NOTP concerts... :cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 26 2006, 03:35

Yes, and there´s more good news! We can expect Maggie to sing Moonlight Shadow and To France alongside with John Miles on vocals for Shadow On The Wall. There will also be an excerpt from Orchestral Tubular Bells and Ommadawn is still in the talks.

Sounds good, eh?  :)
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: June 26 2006, 06:42

yes it sounds like i need to order those tickets right away  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Navaira Offline

Posted: June 26 2006, 08:29

Oh WHOA!!!!!

Now if only she would actually RECORD with him again... oh wow. I'm speechless and I now wish I could be there...

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: June 26 2006, 09:43

I'm very happy with this news... Hope maggie is not as BORING onstage as she was in montreux :laugh:

Good songs to play

Btw. Don't get too happy yet, i heard that 'maggie REILLY' is not to sing, but that Maggie stands for 'Maggietosh', which is the newest kind of synthetic singers. I heard they're going to do a extended version of the gate, and 3 mixes of Angelique
period

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: June 26 2006, 09:54

I wonder if she is as big as a house now, she might not fit on the stage.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 26 2006, 12:56

Quote (Piltdownboy on horseback 22 @ June 26 2006, 09:43)
I'm very happy with this news... Hope maggie is not as BORING onstage as she was in montreux :laugh:

I'm sure she will be. Mike has a long tradition of working with boring people. It's a fine old tradition.

I also hope she's as corpulent as ever. God I'm sick of fit people.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 26 2006, 13:34

Quote (manintherain @ June 26 2006, 03:35)
Yes, and there´s more good news! We can expect Maggie to sing Moonlight Shadow and To France alongside with John Miles on vocals for Shadow On The Wall. There will also be an excerpt from Orchestral Tubular Bells and Ommadawn is still in the talks.

Sounds good, eh?  :)

I thought he was supposed to be only playing for 20mins per show? Those three songs alone will come to 20mins, I certainly hope he plays for longer. An orchestral Ommadawn with Mike playing over it sounds particularly interesting.
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: June 26 2006, 14:59

I think they should just give Mike the night to perform with the full orchestra, 20 minutes is not enough and I think mike may just have enough in his back catalogue to stretch it out to a few hour's entertainment.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 26 2006, 15:15

Quote (TubularBelle @ June 26 2006, 11:54)
I wonder if she is as big as a house now, she might not fit on the stage.

You can see some pics of Maggie now here on the gallery's page  ;)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
amazarak Offline

Posted: June 27 2006, 14:10

Wow

that's the best MO related news I've heard for YEARS...
goodgoodgood
Dear Maggie, we LOVE You and Your voice !!!

amazarak

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: June 27 2006, 16:33

Really good to hear they may be collaborating again, Mike & Maggie. She sings so well for his music. I noticed on the website, link given in Tati's post - thankyou Tati -, it was called Angel Tears. Is that anything to do with Tears of an Angel as on Light & Shade? Just a coincidence I suspect.

I thought Maggie looked really well on that site. On the Montreux DVD I thought she looked rather blue, very dodgy lighting that wasn't at all flattering and she did not look as if she was having a good time.

And Larstangmark, "corpulent" such a good word, one I shall try to use more often! Made me smile!

She does have a wonderful voice though, it has to be said.

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: June 27 2006, 17:49

this was excellent news, indeed!  we will be attending a wonderful return to the origin..
i can't believe i will be listening at both together and live! if i could choose a couple of songs for her to sing, i'd love to listen 'to france' and 'talk about your life'

Quote (TOBY @ June 26 2006, 13:34)
... I certainly hope he plays for longer. An orchestral Ommadawn with Mike playing over it sounds particularly interesting.

me too..  half an hour is such a short time for so much as mike can say.. i wish they replanned a bit and offer him some more time to play, and include an excerpt from ommadawn.
more and more looking forward to december.. :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Intuition2004 Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2006, 16:43

[B]Sorry Folks, but i think your mistakin', There's no official statement of Maggie Reilly joining MO i Germany for the NOTP. In Maggie's homepage there's information about concerts in november/december, and nothing about NOTP.
Furthermore, Miriam Stockley who sang Moonlight Shadow in Berlin is an official name of NOTP in Germany, so it should be obvius for her to sing for MO.
But my god, i'm looking forward to Hamburg 2/12, and also to see OMD again, what a great combination for us lucky guys growing up in the 80' .
Maggie Reilly concert 22/11 in copenhagen for your information.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2006, 07:32

By conicidence, Chappo also happens to tour Germany in December:
http://www.rogerchapman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gigs.htm
But I guess there is hardly any chance for him to drop in for one of the NOTP concerts for a quick 'Shadow on the Wall' :(
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Oct. 29 2006, 11:01

Miriam Stockley is going to sing 2 tunes with Mike... :)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
20 replies since June 25 2006, 13:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net