Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maestro available by mail order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 05 2004, 13:07

Maestro is now available by mail order for £18.00.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 05 2004, 18:02

Wasn't part of the point of mail order was so that fans without credit cards could still buy it? Am I missing something or is this still not the case?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 06 2004, 04:51

Certainly it was something that Mike mentioned, that it would be possible to buy without a credit card.
I don't know what payment options they're accepting via the shop, and don't see an easy way of finding out without filling out the whole order form (I thought the single line 'FAQ goes here' on the FAQ page was particularly amusing), but it does look like only electronic forms of payment are accepted. Cheques would be quite a hassle to handle, I'd imagine, so I can see why they may not want to accept those, but it does make it difficult for those without credit or debit cards.

On the plus side, at least the mail order option makes it easier for people who are unable or unwilling to download the game.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: April 06 2004, 06:00

He will have his reasons of course, but seeing as how he pays for the development of his games with his own money, I wonder if it wouldn't be a wise move to make it available to those without a credit card; I'd imagine he'd sell at least twice as many units, possibly more.
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: April 13 2004, 07:14

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 06 2004, 04:51)
On the plus side, at least the mail order option makes it easier for people who are unable or unwilling to download the game.

And you also get something physical instead of just the activation code. I would have preferred that if it had been awailable at the time.

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: April 13 2004, 17:00

He did that with TresLunas too. It would have made it much fairer on everyone to have it available for download at the same time as releasing it by mail order. By the time any fans get it by mail order all the excitment (sic) will no doubt have passed and Mike will have lost interest and stopped going online to 'show people around'. Anyway the lack of much music, old or new, doesn't inpire me in the slightest. I doubt I'll be buying it. I enjoyed MVR1 (and still do for that matter) but I enjoyed it because of all the music in it, that side of it worked well. MVR without music is err... VR and I'm just not very excited by that sort of thing I'm afraid.
Profile PM 
tek
Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2004, 16:34

If only he could count.
£18 has never been 16 euros!!! :-(
6 replies since April 05 2004, 13:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net