Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maddy Prior< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bibimimi Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 27 2002, 13:15

Have recently purchased "Now We Are Six" on disc after DESTROYING the nasty tape copy I had in college. This was a Steeleye Span landmark produced by Ian Anderson and featuring David Bowie on alto sax on the last cut, a cover of the Teddy Bears "To Know Him Is To Love Him". The whole thing puts a big lump in my throat. Maddy's collaborations with Mike were back in his more ale-and-Jameson-soaked pastoral days. "Incantations" is the best example of this. Still my favorite period of his. All of Steeleye Span's catalog has been re-released on Shanachie. I was even able to replace a treasured tape copy of 'Storm Force Ten' with disc, after that copy literally fell apart. Bought that tape for a buck in the remainder bin at a Woolworth on the west side of Buffalo. You, indeed, get what you pay for.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 30 2002, 05:24

I love Maddy Prior's voice. We just got a Steeleye Span DVD, and I've been listening to it a lot. You mention collaberations of Mike and Maddy apart from Incantations. What are these, I've never heared of them.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
1 replies since Mar. 27 2002, 13:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net