[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: mac demo version, ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wowser Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 22 2004, 22:43

will there be one? is there one? i thought mike was a mac fan

--------------
Pointless act! You don't give a five hundred dollar tip to the housekeeper! That's inappropriate! That's inexcusable!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 23 2004, 07:26

Mike uses Macs in the studio, but uses a Windows PC for other things like internet browsing and of course, playing Music VR. I think it was probably a popularity-based decision to write the game for Windows - being the most widespread platform, the game is likely to sell more copies if written for Windows. Unfortunately I don't think it's taken off quite enough to make a port to another system look like a viable proposition to them - the time would be better spent on improving the Windows version.

However, Colin (its programmer) has said that a port would be theoretically fairly straightforward, as it doesn't contain much in the way of Windows-specific code.

Perhaps if an enthusiastic Mac programmer were to approach him and offer to help...
Profile PM 
wowser Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 23 2004, 10:26

ok. i guess for now i'll hav to make do with the ...Distant Earth CD Rom thing that crashes my computer hald way through :(

--------------
Pointless act! You don't give a five hundred dollar tip to the housekeeper! That's inappropriate! That's inexcusable!
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 22 2004, 22:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net