Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: M42 ! ..Finally !, Of course dedicated to Mike Olfield !< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 24 2023, 07:24

Hi Cameron how are you ? Hope your family and you are well ! Sorry to have disappeared for a long Time . .....hard to explain health life job covid etc . I stopped everything music , Mike Oldfield.....

But when i tried to listen to old things i vé seen my hard drive was broken.

Thanks for the link you gave me but i would like to find the entire M42 track .

Take Care Friends ....see you soon !!!!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2023, 21:29

Quote (Philippe Tavares @ Sep. 13 2023, 17:00)
:/  :/ Hi there ! hope all of you , great fans of Mike , are well and safe !
been absent a long long time ...... very hard to explain , a lot of changes in my life health etc etc ....

Please please guys , i've lost my piece of music M42 because of a broken hard drive ; who can upload it on the web somewhere i can download it !
Thanks a lot friends ! ;)

If you really have lost it, it's a pity - as I said in my post above, I liked it. I remember the line about "M42 I'll come to you", or some such thing. The Trapezium star system at the heart of M42 is one of the most impressive sights in the sky.

It's not difficult to take the disk from a hard drive and put it into another computer - I've done it myself.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2023, 06:37

:/ Sorry i was talking about the disk itself !

Yes it seems i've lost it definitively.... in music wav/mp3 format ... but it still exists in sfs format ( my Daw format ) but it will be a huge huge work to recreate it because i've also lost everything about my vstis and Daw . I must to download again everything...if it the vstis still exist .....
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2023, 22:31

Quote (Philippe Tavares @ Oct. 02 2023, 06:37)
it will be a huge huge work to recreate it

As Jenny Craig used to say, "I know you can do it"  :D
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 20 2024, 17:53

I certainly hope you remake/remaster it Phil and put a link up here.
All the best old friend :-)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2024, 21:52

Quote (Milamber @ Sep. 18 2023, 17:29)
There is some music of yours here
https://soundcloud.com/the-tubular-net-group

That link is empty, Colarnel. Maybe M42 really is lost.

Memories, memories... I've just listened to "The Transcontinental" and "The Jupiter".
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2024, 23:34

Hi Phil, I hope you read this.
I found all of your music on an old Iphone M42, The faithful beauty of the stars, The hunter and summers ending.
Will have to work out how to get them off the phone and to you.
Cheers.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2024, 21:27

I always think the highlight of the M42 nebula is the Trapezium, the best 4 star cluster in the sky.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2024, 18:29

So that is a 4 star review..Tough crowd!  :p
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2024, 21:51

If R and L are interchangeable, of course (as in Left and Right), Orion becomes "O'Lion". An Irish plains dweller  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2024, 15:39

So if I have got this right;
A we have Light and
B Reft  :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2024, 22:06

Quote (Milamber @ Mar. 21 2024, 15:39)
So if I have got this right;
A we have Light and
B Reft  :D

Very amusing, Miramber.  :laugh: BTW, at the risk of making the "moderators" furious by going off topic, what do you think the chances are that Mike Oldfield will release more of Tubular Bells 4? Will he be your idol or just idle?? :D
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2024, 05:30

Just my opinion mind but from titbits I've read I'd say he's had some kind of medical upheaval and is unable or unwilling to be bothered making music.
I read somewhere his sister is caring for him these days and not to be unkind but he hasn't aged well this last decade and has had a ton of personal trauma...poor guy and totally dropped off social media after being quite active and excited about TB4.
Like all here I wish him the best but I personally hold out zero hope he will produce any further output I'm sad to say.
His legacy will live on for future generations long after we have gone the way of the crabe :-)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2024, 02:42

Quote (Milamber @ Mar. 23 2024, 05:30)
Just my opinion mind but from titbits I've read I'd say he's had some kind of medical upheaval and is unable or unwilling to be bothered making music.
I read somewhere his sister is caring for him these days and not to be unkind but he hasn't aged well this last decade and has had a ton of personal trauma...poor guy and totally dropped off social media after being quite active and excited about TB4.
Like all here I wish him the best but I personally hold out zero hope he will produce any further output I'm sad to say.
His legacy will live on for future generations long after we have gone the way of the crabe :-)

Unless you're Mike Oldfield yourself, as you once claimed, it's probably a good idea to cite sources for the statements you provide. Otherwise, we're in the realm of Conspiracy Theories. :p  As always, the Norms of Verisimilitude must be acknowledged.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2024, 04:27

Your comquastry is quite illuvuating but it was just an opinion.
If we can get Three more opinions, We have ourselves a quantum theory   :laugh:
What prey tell is yours, Me Lud!!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2024, 22:16

You read a lot of James Joyce, do you, Milamber?

All the posturing doesn't change the fact that you once claimed to be Mike Oldfield, and then retracted the claim. That means you are an unreliable source of information, and your words therefored shed no light whatsoever on the current health or state of Mike Oldfield.

My personal view is that TB 4 is complete, and that it will be released in dribs and drabs according to certain events. Let's see who is right.
Profile PM 
35 replies since May 14 2011, 22:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net