Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Lyrics in CD booklets not matching real lyrics, when what you read is not what you hear< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 12 2002, 08:52

Hello all. You may have noticed that a good number of today's CD booklets do not feature printed lyrics, maybe because people are not really interested in reading them (if not to sing along). And also when they do, some odd things may happen...

- In the booklet of Enya's 'Watermark' CD, the lyrics to "Storms in Africa" do not match what she sings, because they are missing one line and two more are wrong. See www.pathname.com/enya for the correct version.
- In the booklet of Enya's 'Memory of trees' CD, the ending lyrics to the ending of "China roses" are wrong. I don't think she sings "I see the sun / I see the stars" at all.
- In the booklet of the latest Enya CD, 'A day without rain', two songs feature missing or repeated lines, and one more ("Pilgrim") has two wrong lines.
- In the booklet of the 'Lord of the rings' soundtrack CD, the lyrics to Verse 1 of "Lament for Gandalf" are 6 lines, but only three of them are really sung, and all the others are missing.
- In the booklet of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' 'By the way' CD, the lyrics to "This is the place" only feature the first line of the chorus, and miss out all the others, while the lyrics to "Can't stop" are almost completely wrong, featuring whole misplaced verses and many wrong lines.

To everyone reading this topic: please feel free to post here all the instances you remember having seen on CD booklets (or, of course, taken from booklets of CDs you have) where the printed lyrics don't match what's being sung. In my little list above, I've included 3 Enya CDs and an Enya-related one just because I'm listening to 'Watermark' while I write this and I have all three booklets in front of me. :) I also added the RHCP thing because, talking of misprinted lyrics, it just came into my mind. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0 replies since Oct. 12 2002, 08:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net