Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ligth and Shade on internet, Incredible, who's stolen track ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
sarujuu Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 07:28

Incredible !!! In France, the last Mike Oldfield's album is on internet.  
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bison4um/
Who's stolen Mike Oldfield's tracks ?

I remember the Millenium Bell's demo was on internet too.
Profile PM 
MaXiMo Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 07:56

Wauh! fresh news.......

--------------
If you want to be a good person, you must be like me.
Profile PM 
sarujuu Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 08:10

PUBLIC RADIO Polen hat gestern in einer Radiosendung 4 Werke gespielt, die vom neuen Mike Oldfield Album sein könnten sollen.

Donnerstag um Mitternacht könnten die Stücke nochmal gespielt werden.
http://www.radio.com.pl/st/program3.asx

(Livestream von Polskie Radio SA http://www.radio.com.pl)

Dawid Niemiec:
".....It isn\'t a fan track - these tracks were played on PUBLIC RADIO, and it
couldn\'t make such mistake. I think that Universal gave a small demo
from new album [4 tracks from 2CD album are not so much...] to Mr.
Kaczkowski, who is a host of this audition, which presents track from
forthcoming albums of different musicians - as you see, yesterday was
also pre-premiere Opeth :) ...."

Update:
(Antwort auf eine Email mit der Bitte bei Mr. K. nachzuhaken:)

"...I'll do what I can - I'll send a mail to Mr. Kaczkowski, and we'll see
what he'll say how he get this promo's :) Well... it seems to be a World
Premiere :)
Aaaa! And next audition of 'Minimax' is on Thursday at midnight! (on
Polish Radio 3 of course)..."
Profile PM 
sarujuu Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 08:29

Ligth and Shade in http://www.polskieradio.pl/polonia/ in mainstream.  :D
Profile PM 
Pulsifer Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 08:38

http://tubular.net/forums....;t=4771
read-it-letter-by-letter :/

--------------
The Watcher And The Tower Waiting Hour By Hour...
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 18:12

:( I think I'm going to be a bit of a spoil sport now. I apologise for my grumpiness....Why is everyone trying to hear as much as they can of the new album when it's actual release date is still about 6 weeks away? It's like opening your Christmas presents before the big day. I am desperate for 'news' on the album but the anticipation is half the fun ;) and I shall so enjoy the whole experience of collecting my pre-ordered CD and then coming home and listening to it. Special moment.

I think it's marvelous that it is possible to find music in the way you have but I am old fashioned I suppose. I like time and it's progression, I'm getting a bit cheesed off with everything happening before it's even happened, do you know what I mean? Whatever happened to patience?

And why was it heard in Poland? Why not Spain where, if I remember correctly, Mike is very popular?

I'm really looking forward to the new album's arrival and hope I manage to hear or read any  interviews he may do in the run up to it.

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 18:27

well... if those two bits were not there, available to be enjoyed, i would wait for the new album without any problem.
but they are there, bee... is that a temptation or what?? :D

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 18:45

Very true Maria!! I'll just go and sit in the corner!!!! :D

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 05:02

I know what you mean, bee. But as it turns out I'm really pleased to have had these little 'tasters' - the new piece is so very beautiful - as though Mike had given a little wave and said hey - I'm still here, and still inspired, still seeing through into the magical nooks and crannies of the world. I now feel reassured that it's very likely that I'll love the new album - but I'm very content to wait, and always was.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 08:37

didn't we have samples of tres lunas long before its release, i liked that very much, to hear bits of something new, even is it's only 30 seconds or less :)

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 10:08

These 2 tracks have made me decide that I want this album! I find some similar TSODE emotions here and I want more! I want to hear the darker stuff, too! I'm very interested!  It sounds like he put more work into this than into Tr3s Lunas which is probably correct as TL was a soundtrack for a game and not a standalone album. Which is why this sounds like it'll be full and excellent!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 16:38

The problem as i remember it with the TresLunas website promotion thingy was that everybody here ranted and raved about how good the little 45 second snippets were and then when everybody heard the final album the general opinion was less than enthusiastic. It'll be exactly the same with this new album if its not up to scratch. Also TresLunas was slowly track by track leaked onto the internet  so most fans actually got their hands on the CD long after, much long after in some cases, they'd heard the album in its entirety. I fully expect the same thing to happen this time around and I fully expect the same heated debate of 'thou shalt not download' here as last time.

Bee is right in that it does ruin your first time full enjoyment of the album if you've heard it bit by bit over the internet but I agree with Maria that its just to much of a temptation to want to hear the music as and when it appears online. As long as you buy the finished CD or pay for the mp3's a la itunes then you're not doing anything wrong and no one can tell you otherwise.

It has to be said though that I'm less enthusiastic about this album today than I was last night. It sounds increasingly like there is more and more music that isn't going to be new to us so the strength or weakness of the album to me will fall on the new stuff. Out of those 2 new tracks one is indeed quite pretty but Mike does seem to be resting heavily again on his old formula of putting down a synthy backing beat add a twinkly piano tune and throw in a bit of guitar to pad things out. It does seem a bit like meat and two veg intrumental music but I'm not going to pass anymore judgement untill I've heard more of the album.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 16:46

For me the joy is in hearing something that is complete and new by Mike Oldfield, i remember even taking the whole day of work when Voyager was released, so, i could take it home and enjoy it, there is nothing like hearing new track after new track for the first time, instead of little snippets here and there from the internet.We don't get a new album to often, so, why spoil it.
Profile PM 
jeremyroberts Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 16:48

Whadayathink about Quicksilver then?

:D  :laugh:
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2005, 01:15

The first track copied off Polish radio is "Our Father" (as these two words are said all the way through) - very significant that it's on Polish radio as this track, according to Mike is all about the life of the late Pope John Paul (who was Polish).

I get irritated by the repetitive and unchanging computerized drum beat all the way through but love the guitar riffs and basic melodies in this piece.

Track two is interesting to my ears! Love it!

I can't wait to hear the full album and these tracks in full quality.

Thanks Mike :-)

HAPPY! :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2005, 01:17

BTW - second terack is definitely "Angelique" - inspired by one of the presets (is this a first in music history?)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 12 2005, 02:13

One of the presets on what exactly??

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 12 2005, 03:33

On one of his synthesisers - probably a Roland Fantom (I don't know how that fits in with the bit about him getting 8 guys with a lorry to clear out everything from his studio, and his Steinway piano being his only remaining 'real' instrument - I guess guitars don't count as real instruments either).
Profile PM 
OMA Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2005, 07:14

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 12 2005, 03:33)
I don't know how that fits in with the bit about him getting 8 guys with a lorry to clear out everything from his studio, and his Steinway piano being his only remaining 'real' instrument - I guess guitars don't count as real instruments either

I think that's quite sad. A computer based only studio is ok for an amateur musician on a budget, not a musician like Oldfield :(

Bye!.
Profile PM 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2005, 03:50

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Aug. 12 2005, 08:13)
One of the presets on what exactly??

There is a preset called Angelique on the Roland Fantom Xa... But maybe there is a preset with the same name in another synth or even in a softh synth...

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
19 replies since Aug. 09 2005, 07:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net