I'm just excited. 5  [10.87%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Light & shade, How do people feel?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CuNimb Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 03:57

Just wondered how people feel about the imminent release of Light and Shade, now that a few tracks have been doing the rounds. :/

--------------
Happy? ha ha ha....
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 04:11

I voted for the last category because I can't remember the last time I felt this way about the release of an album! It maybe because I was not a member of this forum when Tubular Bells 2003 came out, and so I possibly know more about this release. I have to admit it has driven me mad all the speculation and 'what if's', but I guess it has added to the build up in a way.

I feel that this album could be the one that reignites interest in Mike's music across the world. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves for his talent and that he can enjoy his success. And after all we should be grateful that he chooses to share his music with us.

bee :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 09:39

I've voted  "I've heard some tracks but I'll reserve judgement.", because it's much too early for me to judge the album from what I've heard.
But I'm afraid it will be much like Tr3s Lunas, which unfortunately is the only Mike's album I regret buying. :/

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 12:10

I've gone from not hugely excited, after hearing the first three tracks released, to very excited after hearing TOAA and Surfing, and then back to not hugely excited after hearing Romance.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 12:27

I'm reserving judgement. I can't say I'm "excited", but I'm definitely curious. None of the available tracks have really sparked my interest, but they definitely want to make me know how the album is on the whole. I'm looking forwards to it, and my expectations are somewhere slightly below average.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 12:36

Im exited after hearing some tracks.. They are all fine but i also wait a little for jugdement after listen to it in perfect harmony!!!
Tears from an angel is just lovely and Surfing too! Romance is okey, Our father is really great (im a fan of tres lunas), angelique is absolute perfect! And closer i have just heard a little from too, so i dont know... A little boring maybe... :cool:
so im exited to hear the rest of the album

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 15:39

Trying to resist seeking out any more samples (I want more tracks to look forward to), but having listened to 'Our Father' - which is great, and 'Angelique'  - which is also very good, I must say I feel quite excited about the album!
2 CDs!!!! Twice the fun, I reckon.  :cool:

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 16:01

When we knew this album as 'Quicksilver' and I brought up the fact that two CDs for just 16 tracks was a little odd people said that maybe there would be some long tracks.....Now that it's called Light and Shade I am convinced that the two CDs are two rather than one so that it could be light (CD1) and shade (CD2). Despite this, I am still hoping for a long track!  :)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 16:11

According to the track lengths printed at oldfield.de the longest track is only 10 mins and is made up of a lot of TresLunas music sequenced togther.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 19:16

I have heard all 6 tracks, and I am still excited, esp about the Shade cd. Regardless of the lack of his '70's style, angst, enthusiasm, this double album should have a bit of everything for everybody. In fact I think it might be the one album he has done where he has truly considered what the wider audience wants, and that might be it's only flaw. If I sound confused it is because I am.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 05:15

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ Sep. 15 2005, 15:39)
Trying to resist seeking out any more samples (I want more tracks to look forward to), but having listened to 'Our Father' - which is great, and 'Angelique'  - which is also very good, I must say I feel quite excited about the album!
2 CDs!!!! Twice the fun, I reckon.  :cool:

I have'nt heard so much as one single note from L&S as I'm determined to wait it out & enjoy the surprise of hearing it all for the first time.It's been a long time coming so I'm really looking forward to this. :)
tubular_trekkie,you must have an iron will to resist hearing more tracks,think if I'd done that it would be like vowing to eat only one chocolate from the box,and you know the rest ! :O
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 06:56

I'm naturally inclined to reserve judgement, but I am pretty excited about it.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 11:13

Hello, other fans! My first message on this site! Think it's a great site! So much more happening than on oldfield.org/com, really cool! New album will be great (and I hope there's a Franz Ferdinand cover on it!;)  :p ...only joking!  :cool:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 13:56

I'm reserving judgement. I hope for more variety than was displayed on Tr3s Lunas.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
mink stoles Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 17:19

I've not heard anything off the new album and I will still buy it.  BUT... I would just love Mike to do some music like he did in the early seventies, something worldy sounding without the computers interfering. Did mike take ecstasy in Ibiza??

--------------
So if you you feel a little glum,
To Hergest Ridge you should come.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 17:46

If you all get too excited about the New album, and want to calm down a bit, try this site:

not very exciting at all

I got the link from thee Dull Mens Club, always worth a look when Mike actually produces something and I start to get a bit worked up.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
mink stoles Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 18:03

My God you are right, that site is shocking!

--------------
So if you you feel a little glum,
To Hergest Ridge you should come.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 18:16

there's pure oldfield's trademark on what i've listened.. so.. yes, i'm still excited, very excited :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 18:49

I've ordered my copy of L&S, from the HMV Shop webby, the only place I could find with a listing  inclusive of the bonus tracks.

The only thing is I've been attending Slimming World meetings, my weight has been yo-yoing up and  down the last few weeks, :O . At SW last night the discussion went on to alternatives to food for rewarding yourself for achieving targets.   I have 3 1/2 lbs to go before I reach my 1 1/2 stone ( that's 21lbs, or 42.5kgs, if you prefer),  award.   As I love my music, I mentioned at the  SW meeting,  Mike has a new album out on the 26th.  I've made a promise to SW consultant, and also to friends , but ultimately MYSELF, that I would loose this 31/2 lbs    
by next weigh in at SW, on Thursdsay, otherwise I will NOT be allowed  to hear L&S until I loose this 31/2lbs.  I MUST hear L&S on the Monday, it would be torture if I have to wait any longer, so I'm determined to shift this weight.  Here it is my promise to myself in black and white for TubularBoard members and guests to see, couldn't get much more public than this.

Have walked up and down two hills today, well minute hills compared to Hergest Ridge and Bradnor Hill.  Wish I could just go and spend a few days in Kington ;) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 03:06

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Sep. 16 2005, 18:49)
I have 3 1/2 lbs to go before I reach my 1 1/2 stone ( that's 21lbs, or 42.5kgs, if you prefer),  award.

21lbs is only 10kgs, otherwise you would have lost a whole small person or half a big person. 1kg=2.2lbs. Still, 10kgs is a sterling effort, I could do with losing 15 to 20kgs. What an incredibly brave promise to make to yourself, you must have an iron will to have done that so I don't need to wish you good luck, I just need to say congratulations and enjoy Mike on Monday, that's still a week away. And walking is the best exercise.

@Tansy, well done on not weakening and listening to one track this whole time, I wish I had done that. Not disappointed with what I've heard but it does diminish the thrill of hearing it all for the first time.

I've already ordered and paid for my copy with CDWOW for 9.99pounds and only 16 tracks. I'm going to have to buy it again and give the other one as a gift. Who has a birthday coming up? Just kidding, I have one or two people in mind. What a bummer though, I'm not impressed.

Goddam, just went and had a look, there it is 3lbs more and two extra tracks. And I'm not talking about Moonchildhippys 3lbs, she had 3 1/2 lbs.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
37 replies since Sep. 15 2005, 03:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net