Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Let's go, Red Sox!, Post-season at Fenway Park< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 03 2013, 00:30

I've always enjoyed the idea of watching the main American team sports, i.e. basketball, American football and baseball (ice hockey is something I save for the Olympics) although I'm dependent on their appearance on terrestrial television and my nightshifts in recent years mean I'm far from a regular viewer.  The recent NFL games played at Wembley have highlighted how fans around the world who acquire the taste for gridiron are inspired to choose a team to support, and yet I've never been among their number.  I enjoy what I watch (sometimes) but I rarely remember players' names for when I next see them, and have never studied the games enough to become entirely au fait with the statistics that underpin typical fans' love of the sports.

For an example, one of the few facts I can quote about baseball off the cuff is down to the result of the 1981 World Series being quoted in an episode of Dungeons & Dragons.  Over the course of a game or a series, I may pick a favourite to root for but have never retained that loyalty for any significant length of time.

This might be about to change.  For some reason, I'm finding myself drawn to the Boston Red Sox...

https://twitter.com/search?....ealtime

... can't quite put my finger on why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZjfm1yCEvo

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
0 replies since Nov. 03 2013, 00:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net