Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Let There Be Light - Pandora PX4 patch settings, Patch settings for SODE track< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
reclspeak Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 03 2006, 12:48

Some time ago a forum subscriber asked about patch settings for the Boss GT-6 (I think). However I've not managed to generate anything that sound the least bit accurate.

However I have, like many people, a Korg Pandora PX4. Without the vagaries of creating patches that sound nothing like you intended when another user tries them out on their amp, patches on the PX4 have a far better chance of being "transferable". However the PX4 has no patch transfer mechanism, other than the spoken or written word.

Below is a patch - i.e. the settings, for Let There Be Light. This should be easy to achieve on any combination of amp, with a single-coil-pickup-equipped guitar and a compressor pedal. Although Mike uses fingernails (I don't know if he did on this track) you will find it useful to pay attention to you pick attack, as that provides the distinctive pre-note click that is needed to play this. Lukas Kozesniks tabs for this are in the tabulature section and seem perfect for this (well done Lukas!;).

I used a Yamaha Pacifica 412V for this, using the neck and middle pickups, volume at 8, tone at 7.

Best start with a blank patch.

(top dials-out of 10) Gain: 4; Treble: 4; Bass: 7; Volume: 10

Dynamic: Compressor: 7.7
Combo: UK Blues: midrange 6.0
Cabinet: 2 x 12 Black: 4.0 (mid)
Modulation: FX Off
Delay: FX Off
Reverb: Hall 1: 4.3
Noise Reduction: 3.0

Its spot-on accurate (with my guitar) though only through headphones. I don't think I'd trust it through an amp.

Recl
Profile PM 
0 replies since Sep. 03 2006, 12:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net