Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Let There Be Light - My Version< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 07:55

hey ppl. I made a version of my own of Let There Be Light. You can get it here: http://www.modarchive.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi/S/scr_lettherebelight_2.it
its a MOD and Winamp will play it. i dont think it compares in any way to the original but it sounds a lot more realistic than a lot of mods ive heard. I plan to make an mp3 of this and put it up on my MP3.COM site http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/246/cratchvaster.html and replace the flute with a real guitar and add like rhythm guitar and better effects and stuff. anyway, hope you like it. please tell me what you think if u do give it a listen. email me at shine64@rocketmail.com

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 16:09

Hi MusicallyInspired,
please forgive me because I don't mail privately but leave my reply here. This is just to give everybody else the chance to criticize my opinions.

First thing your version seems quite a bit faster than the original. The percussion section is also heavier, I think. Making the whole thing more dancefloor-oriented. Am I correct that this was your main musical idea?

The arrangement seems to follow Mike's quite closely, except maybe for some bends and additional notes near the beginning. You got the sound very nice and fat, with lots of detail, very pleasant. Sounds very professional (sound quality is limited due to compression, of course. MP3 will sound better).

Of course I was anxious what you would use instead of the solo guitar. Well, I must say that the (soft) flute sound is quite disappointing and doesn't support the fast & heavy feel of the recording properly.

As you say you plan to add some real guitars, I'll tell you what I would like:
1) A very brilliant acoustic (if possible 12-string) which strums along in a folk fashion most of the time.
2) A clean electric, doing a funky rhythm some of the time.
3) A distorted lead with very spectacular solos in the old Ommadawn or FMO fashion.

Anyway, it's great listening as it is now. Thanks for the fun.

Carsten

P.S.: Maybe you'd like to check my MO covers featured here: http://www.amarok.f9.co.uk/

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 19:32

hey...thx for replying...i dont mind constructive criticsm...thats why i asked what everyone thought....

well firstly....i found out it was a bit faster after i listened to the original for additional help...but i didnt wanna go back and re-do everything and make it slower...i may for the better version..i didnt nessesarily aim for a dance-like version although i guess it turned out that way..the reason i used the flute too was i was gonna make a whole versi of it but for the size and everytihng and for a MOD u cant put guitars in it so i just did that so i could put it up on the modarchive....ppl are more forgiving when they know they're listening to a MOD....but that isnt the finished version of what im gonna make....

i dont have a 12 string but i could simulate but it wouldnt sound very good.....im gonna put in cool chord stuff with a clean sound...others in distortion...like not just distortion but a cool original distortion-like sound......and then theres the solo and then im gonna do other effects that my pedal will let me do.....its gonna be a better than what it is now......

but i plan to make a better sound than that flute tho

anyway thx again for replying

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 04 2002, 04:59

Gaaar!! Can't download it! Have you changed sites or somthing? I am eager to listen to it, and it would be great if it worked.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 13:21

no its still there...i just tried it and the link worx fine...you need winamp or another MOD player to play it

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Feb. 03 2002, 07:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net