Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Leslie Tones, What would you recommend< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 14 2009, 10:03

Hi all.I'm looking at getting some new pedals in the new year.One of the things i want is some kind of Leslie simulator (rather than the Boss type chorus)for those Hendrix type sounds (think Angel or New Rising Sun).What would you guys recommend?Money is an object unfortunately so an original Tycobrae Univibe is out of the question :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2009, 11:18

Forgot to say portabilty is also an issue so it needs to be a pedal sized device.As much as i'd love to run a real Leslie speaker it's really not practicle.Anyone who's shifted a Leslie will know exactly what i mean!

--------------
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 22 2010, 08:35

The Boss RT-20 is well worth a look:
Reviews of the Boss RT-20
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2010, 09:13

Thanks Matt.That's one to try.I also want to try a Dunlop Rotovibe.I tried one of these years ago when they came out (about 20 years ago now)and loved it but as a 15 year old i didn't have the money.So simple and it comes in a wah type pedal so the speed can be set on the fly.It has both the vibrato and tremelo effects selectable via a little kick switch on the side of the casing.They also do another version with a seperate 'control box' which is worked with a wah type pedal.More tonal control but cost more.Hmmm decisions decisions. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
3 replies since Dec. 14 2009, 10:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net