Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Last track for this summer (maybe), A brand new MP3< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DarkenedEdo Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 09 2003, 15:04

Hi,
i'm working on Moonlighting III (the longest track i ever composed). If the quality will be as i want i'll try to make a CD (all the tubular.net members will have a free copy of course, but now it's too early to know how it will be).

Until my work is done i give you this track, made as a demo of a piece of Moonlighting III, but i didn't like so much, so i finally mixed it quickly to make a stand alone track called "Last flight of Jonathan Livingstone". You will find it in my site (i've just uplodaed it), in the Music page (Various section). It will not be part of Moonlighting III.

I hope you like it.
Edoardo.

Darken Ed Web Site - Music - Last Flight Of Jonathan Livingstone

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 16:54

Sounds good. Keep it up!

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 17:52

I get a broken link...

?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 18:19

Indeed, it's broken, he missed an 'e', but it's just referring to his website.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2003, 18:28

'the last flight of jonathan livingstone' is a nice piece of music, maybe less... deep than others of u, but good for these already warm nights (at least here in spain :-) with its soft rythm, wavy-like-the-sea guitar and the sound of butterflies around.

edoardo, it would be a pleasure to have a cd with your music :-)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
bevy Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 18:28

keep up the good work m8, i think your tracks are cool.

cant wait 2 hear Moonlighting III  finished  :D
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 18:58

Just listening now. Right when I imagined some cool drums to come in...THEY DID! How cool is that?! A kool ambient background tune. This is the kind of Chill Out MO tried to do but didn't really suceed. I see this tune in between TSODE and Tr3s Lunas. Good work!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 10 2003, 04:23

:O WOOOOoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooWWWWWWWWooooooooooooooWWWWWWWoooooooooooWWWOooooooo
ooooooowW
Wow mate congrats really really and really more than a nice work...

this is wonderfull...

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: June 10 2003, 13:08

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, you're always too kind. Now, anytime i compose something i ask myself if you'd like it, indeed. :D
The track was borned as a duet: spanish guitar solo and a piano phrase (an impossible-to-play-live piano phrase). When i decide to put it in the trash, 'cause it wouldn't good for Moonlighting III, i thought it would be a sort of 'chill out' tracks, so i re-arranged it with drums and a sequencer, using my stratocaster instead the spanish guitar (for who asked me: this sound of the stratocaster is made without particular effects, i simply turn off the treble and i play with the fingers, maybe the 'secret' is that i play closing my eyes ;) ).

Thank you to who writed to my personal mailbox, thank you to support me, thanks to who understand perfectly what i felt composing 'Pier'.

I would like to make a page on my site with your photo and your personal description. If you like the idea give me a sign...

A great embrace to everybody.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: June 10 2003, 14:20

As always beautiful music, Edo....

You can quote me on your site. :D

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 11 2003, 10:32

Nice work there. I don't want to come across as negative, but I didn't find the guitar playing quite as nice as on 'Volcano' - might you have been plucking the strings slightly harder this time, it sounds almost like they're pulling very slightly out of tune...it's a really minor point, and a lot of really famous players sound like that and I think it's probably only my ears which pick up on it, so it's most likely not a problem at all!
I'd have brought those percussion sounds down in level a bit (the ones which are like the distorted sound of a plastic computer mic being tapped, though I'm sure it's something else! ), but perhaps you want them there - for me, it would just help to make the feel a little bit smoother.

Anyway, keep going, and don't let my comments put you off!
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: June 11 2003, 12:56

You're comments are what i need, korg. You're right about the percussions. GThe problem is not the volume, is the equalization. The problem is that i mixed the single tracks nto using my digital monitros, but using the monitor headphones, and they cut down the treble too much.

Keep on analyzing my music in this way, i've so much to learn and i think Mike's fans are the greatest "fitness center" for a musician.

;)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
11 replies since June 09 2003, 15:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net